Labradors Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening primrose and Folic Acid

Has anyone used them and did their dogs have a reaction ie sick or Diarrhoea or both :?:

I have used both these in the past with no side effects but someone I know as been using them and had the above problems, it could be something else so they are off to the vets this morning I can't see it being these but I could be wrong any thoughts :?

The dog did eat some strong pain killers at the weekend by accident which the vet knows about they were dropped and the dog pounced on them as they hit the floor thinking they were sweeties 8O

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Have used evening primrose in the past and never had a problem have never used folic acid so cannot comment on that . Hope her dog is ok :wink:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm the same used with no ill affects on my girls :) but this is not my dog it's belongs to someone I know :wink:

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
I've used both at seperate times many times and never found them to have any sideeffects of that nature myself.

Di

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems she as a tummy virus that she has picked up there's alot about it seems at this time of year she's had an injection and given some tablets too take :roll: :lol:

The owner nearly convinced me it was the Primrose oil or the Folic Acid 8O :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Never used either for my pair but know it is recommended for some dogs, I imagine its possible for some to have an adverse reaction to it but if given in the correct doses would have thought it to be ok.

Hope your friends dog is feeling better soon :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts