Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm Greg, unfortunately I don't own a labrador, actually have 3 cats (please don't hate me! :p) I'm actually really interested in putting in an offer for this site, so am in contact with David about that currently.

I'm a freelance web designer from Kent, and work on a variety of projects from logo designs through to forums, if anyone's interested you can see some of my work here - GregFindley.com.

I think LF has an enormous amount of potential, and there's clearly a very passionate following of labrador owners. If I was able to agree a deal with David I would be looking to refresh the site with design, and bring everything a little more up-to-date. I would hope that my web skills would be good to take LF forward along with the fun of designing all the various LF merchandise I've been seeing around!

Anyway I'm going on a bit, and getting waay ahead of myself, getting excited about what can be done! :D

Thanks & see you around!
Greg

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Hi Greg, welcome to LF, we are passionate about Labs and other breeds, you`ve probably noticed that many of us have more than one dog and some have other breeds too :D

We won`t hate you for being a cat lover!, many of us have them too, I have two myself :D

Good luck with your negotiations :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mary, and that's a relief :D

From all the threads I've been reading it looks like a nice community, something I'd be proud to work on, and my girlfriend would be happy - she loves labradors!!

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
You don't have a lab YET!!!! If you get hold of this site we'll be placing bets on how long it takes you to fall in love with the breed and get one of your very own! Welcome! :D

edited to say - after reading the girlfriend comment I'd bet before the end of the year!

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
Hi Greg, if you buy the site you really must get your self a lab too :lol: :wink:

Good luck with your dealings with David

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha!!
Yeah I really wouldn't be surprised! I do like them, but I've always wanted a husky, only downside to them is the amount of walks they need.

Thanks everyone! :) paws crossed.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Ooooh, how exciting!

Lots of luck

ps - 3 cats? That's a bit much is it not?! I draw the line at 2 cats and 2 dogs (well, maybe 3 dogs in future, and possibly some chooks at some point) :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Hi Greg and Welcome!!!!

Hope the negotiations go ok!

I love cats - I have three myself - plus a lab and one of our vulnerable native breeds.....

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
<<trembling at the thought of being modernised! 8O >>

Welcome to LF! Hope that your negotiations go well, but I really do think you might need to get a Lab in order to understand why so many of us can spend so long every day talking about the wonder of them!

Becs and The Gang

G

·
Hi Greg and welcome to LF!

This site is fantastc, I don't know what I would have done without it since I got Rueben! So much wonderful advice and such friendly members!!

Hope your negotiations go well, and I agree with everyone else - you definitely need to get a Lab!! :lol: :lol:

Anita & Rueben
xXx

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi Greg - and welcome!

I love some of your designs and wish you all the best of luck in negotiations. Compared with other forums, this is such a fantastic place for chats, advice, ahhhh moments and general community feeling....I'm sure a new owner would inject lots of other good things too

yes - definitely a labby.....I'd put bets on for end of year too!

g

G

·
Welcome Greg, to this mad Labbie world we live in. :wink:

Nothing wrong with 3 cats, I have 3 myself and at one point I had 5 :lol: .

I do feel you need a Lab though, just so you can join in the many threads about Biting Puppies, Pulling on lead, Humping and Poo Consistency 8O . All fascinating and often discussed topics here. :wink:

·
Premium Member
9,081 Posts
Welcome - see we live all over the place!! :D Four labbies and counting....

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Hi and welcome :D

So, we've established you'll be getting a lab, any preference for colour or sex, rescue or pup....we'll let you decide on those bits for yourself :lol:

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Hello Greg welcome to Lf and we all looking forward see you in the Labrador form for a long time and i think you will go out and get a Labrador soon .

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Hi and welcome! Very best of luck with the negotiations - I think it's great that you've come on and said 'hi' to us all - lets us know what's going on!

This really is a great forum - we have people from all over the world and from all types of dog ownership - from pet to working to show. We also have just-as-active off-topic and private coffee lounge sections so the site isn't just restricted to Labrador chat.

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Hi Greg, good luck!

I do hope whoever buys the forum will continue promoting the rescue area as there are many dogs looking for homes and awareness is increasing all the time.

Would also be lovely to see a new owner of Lab Forums adopting a Lab from rescue :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts