Labradors Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I should probably drop a line here, as I finally got a grip of myself and joined the forums.

I am a small-scale breeder from Finland having only 1-2 litters a year. We have two Labradors at home at the moment, a 4,5 years old bitch Jummi-Jammin Sonata Arctica "Sona" and a fox-red 2,5 years old bitch Sangfagelns Musetta "Kettu".

Both girls are of strong Dual Purpose -lines and that is my goal as a breeder as well: a good-looking, but never too heavy true worker. Our girls compete in field trials (cold game) open class and have nice results (3rd and 2nd prizes so far). We also compete in blood-tracking, Sona in the winners class and Kettu in the open class. We show them as well, Sona has several excellents and Kettu has a "very good".

Hunting? Oh yeah, full season, both girls. We do ducks, geese, rabbits, pheasants, doves, deer... you name it. Especially Sona loves it and she has gradually grown into an excellent hunting partner, Kettu is still learning, but developing well.

So here I am hoping to find interesting discussions and interesting fellow Labrador enthusiasts. Hopefully someone with same kind of thoughts?

Greetings Emma from Finland

G

·
My son and I travelled from England to Nordkapp last year. What a fantastic place Finland must be for labs!

Welcome from England!

Jayne

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are a couple of photos of our girls, when they are working:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And here is Kettu working as well:

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Hi Emma and welcome to LF :D , you`ll find many like minded members here who enjoy using the labs for the purpose they were initailly bred for :)

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Hi Emma

From another small kennel with mainly Fox Red. I think I have looked at your website before as you have a link on Di's website. Welcome to LF.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi Emma,
Welcome to the forum. I work my black Labrador bitch 'Mildred' as a deer dog and I'm hoping soon to start a small kennel using labradors from the Danish Kennel 'Kennel Nordjyden'. I look forward to reading about your dogs and their hunting exploits. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts