Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beautiful boy Baxter is nearly 10 and is now showing signs of bad arthritis in his right front elbow. At them moment he as a human Glucosamine, Green Lipped Muscle and a Cod Liver Oil capsule. We tried him daily on Onsior along side Amantadine, also he was recently prescribed Gabapentin which didn't seem to make much difference. He is on Cartrophen injections every month as well. I've stopped giving him the prescribed meds from the Vets and just stuck to the supplements with a Paracetamol (as recommend by the Vet, 2 max per day) and an Onsior anti-inflammatory when required. I was recommend Yu move Plus and as Baxter is 40KG he is to take 3 tablets per day. Having read the directions for use I see that they are to be doubled for the first 6 weeks. He is not your normal "eat anything" Labrador and getting a doggy palatable tablet down him is near impossible. I was wondering if I am safe to continue with his current supplements of Green Muscle, Glucosamine and Cod Liver Oil as well as 3 x Yu Move rather than 6 daily as recommended?

·
Administrator
20,743 Posts
I personally would not use Cod Liver Oil, it's possible to overdose on it. It's safer to use Fish Body Oil.

The reason for the double dose for the first 6 weeks is to do with "Half life" The idea is to build up to a therapeutic level resident in the body faster. You would reach the same level eventually even if you gave the smaller dose, but it would take longer. As to whether it's safe to mix all these things, I would guess so, but I really dont know know for certain. Sorry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts