Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When out walking my dad near the pond where all the ducks are he pulls and keeps trying to eat the bird poo and when i take him to the stables with me he eats the horse poo obviously i stop him but he pulls to try and get to it ??!! :( Why and am i alone on this one ???

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Just had to say how much reading your first message made me laugh - conjured up a very funny image! Glad to hear you did mean walking your dog! :lol:

Corbie likes to sample bird poo too ... there was a big fresh one outside the front door I was trying to stop him getting at and by the time I had locked the door it was too late - he looked up at me and had a white nose and top lip.... yuckky pup! :lol:

I also know that one of Corbie's litter sister's was partial to the odd horse poop before she went to her home - not sure if that one runs in the family yet or not!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol glad to no its not just my little one by the way corbie is gorgeous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What breeder is he from because we are getting a chocolate soon !!!!!!!
Thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :D

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Thanks, corbie is blushing when I told him someone said he was gorgeous ...! :lol: he's a mischief really!

We got him from a breeder in north east Scotland. Had a 3 hour drive back home when we picked him up and he threw up on my lap an hour into the drive, nice! We went to choose him 3 weeks before we picked him up ... or rather he chose me - so he couldn't say he didn't like me!!

Uh, oh, he's just woken up from his afternoon snooze! :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are little mischeifs really arnt they but i love monty to piecess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D sound like monty did the same thing on the way home in the car from lancieshire !!! lol :oops:
But really hes sooooo cute ! How old is he now ?montys 6months old.
I want my chocolate lab to be as beautiful as corbie ! lol

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Yes, he's always up to something ... usually something he shouldn't be up to!!

He was 14 weeks old yesterday, so just over 3 months old now. Can't wait for his needle teeth to fall out ... can't be many weeks away now!!

Just looked at Monty's pics - he's a cutie too. Being a yellow, has he done the andrex pup impression yet? Corbie has but I told him he's the wrong colour, they only hire yellows!! :lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeh many of times lol !!!!!!!! :?
monty has he adult teeth now they are massive the needle teeth were worse though! when monty lost them we only managed to find one :lol: they bleed ALOT through losing them, but corbie might be different!

G

·
I think Corrie over the years has eaten sheep, horse, cow & bird poo!! The worse habit he has at the moment is eating his own if I am not quick enough to remove it!! I queried this with the vet and aparently its quite common and nothing to worry about :?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I can't see any mention of the dreaded fox poo! I have a choc Lab who eats it and a yellow Lab who just looooves to roll in it - yuck!
Clare

G

·
Horse poo, bird poo, cat poo you name it my Ollie thought it was dessert, disgusting and then he would want to give you a kiss afterwards - no way! He thought we were treating him when we put a bird table in the garden all that extra bird poo to eat!
I have heard that if they start to eat their own poo it's because they are lacking in certain minerals from their diet and they are naturally trying to recoup some of the goodness from their own poo. Don't know if that's true or not does anyone else know?

Michaela

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Becca,

You've just made us laugh - re: walking your dad! lol :lol: Yep, another 'poop' fan over here, aka Bradley, top of his favourites is the horse poo, although i don't think he's that fussy! If it smells, is disgusting, and he knows his mum isn't going to put her hand in his mouth to get it out, then it's delicious in Bradley land!! :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
Harvey is very partial to a bit of horse doodaa, I can tell when he has been up the stables when I see straw in his poo! .. at least hes getting plenty of roughage :lol:

Im just thankful he hasnt taken up to go digging where the cats go toilet! :roll:

·
Registered
48 Posts
cookie has started to nibble at her own poo, I have to watch her carefully when were out in the back garden. My dad said it's to do with them lacking minerals or something, shes on dry food (hills) Has been since we got her.
Maybe it's just a dog thing :?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Eating own dog do??!!

Can anyone help me?? PLease???

I have a 4 month old black lab bitch, she is so good, getting a bit stroppy now but not problem. The problem I have is that she eats her own muck as in her own poo!!!!! its driving me crazy, its knocking me sick and yep she wants to kiss you afterwards. Shes fed on purina, tins of pink salmon and tuna and the occaisional ham shank bone (yep dont reply telling me shes spoilt cos I know) but any help on this poo business would be great. Shes from a really good breeder and has a great pedigree, just cracking me up as I have to follow her wait whilst she does her business and then move it before she woolfs it!!

Any ideas

cml

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
Hi CML
Pineapple juice in there food makes the poo smell and taste bad, Human food that they do not digest properly eg sweetcorn makes them go back to there poo.
U can always try and call her away as she is sniffing it and distract her but definatley pick the poo up as soon as she has done it to break the habit.

Apart from that they eat there Poo if they are deficient in some minerals and eating a lot of human food could be the cause, try making her eat only Dog food they have everything the little monsters need.

Hope this helps
Mel

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Hi CML, there was a posting on this subject recently and i think John posted a message saying that putting some small pieces of pineapple stopped them eating their own poo - hopefully John can confirm?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts