Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who know of Dylan might be thinking he's been very quiet recentley,well most of you know he has been having a traumatic time, and his hormones have made his life a misery,it's no secret that Dylan has a huge amount of problems,but through all his problems he has kept us amused with his antics,well,the time has now come to have him castrated,it's not something i probably would have done if my arm had'nt been twisted,and my vet always said he would only castrate if i threatened to shoot Dylan,but the poor baby is demented,and on the go most of the day,he did have a hormone injection,it made him sleep all day,a little depressed and made him stop eating,he was losing weight to the tune of 3lbs a week,the vet then gave him an injection last week and a very high dose of antibiotics,he has maintained his weight the last few days and has been eating bits and bobs,so on monday we made the decision,for Dylan's sake to have him done,the op does not bother me as it's only a minor one,what does bother me is what will Dylan be like after,i would hate to be adding to his allready full quota of problems,his not eating,his OCD,his arthritis and his behavioural problems,the thoughts going through my head are unbeleivable,so heres hoping all Dylans fans will be thinking of him to-morrow,will keep you posted on his recovery,

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
Lynne and Dylan

Will definatley be thinking of you tomorrow i will be up in the Air on my way to melbourne but still thinking and hopefully when I get back he will be back to himself again

Take care

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hiya lynne

*huge hugs* dylan will still be dylan but i dont think he will continue with his bullying you are doing the right thing hun and you know cris and i and others on the forum will be there with you all the way in terms of support and any advice you may need ...

wishing you loads of luck 1 thing the change will probably not happen straight away as his hormones still need to run out so to speak..lol..

good luck :p :p

clair xxx

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Lynne,

I think of poor Dylan everyday the poor baby.. :( I will have my fingers crossed for him and lets hope he can get some of his problems sorted out.

Keep us up to date on how he gets on.. :wink:

Hugs and kisses to dylan and a hug for you to as I know you have had a rough time too.

Cristina xxxxx

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi Lynne

Hope everything goes well for Dylan and we will be here for you if you need us. He's gone through such a lot hasn't he? Try not to worry Lynne it could be the making of him. Please keep us posted of his progress.

Good luck for tomorrow

Kev

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi Lynne,

I'll certainly be thinking of him - and of course you :D

You're doing the right thing, the best of luck and a big hug!!

Fay x

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi lynee....

You know how much we love dylan.... We've always wanted to be a part and parcel of his life....Listening to his antics has always made me smile... My love and blessings shall always be with him ....Plz let us be a part of dylan's life and keep us posted....

Tonnes of hugs and cuddle

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Lynne

Will be thinking of him also sure hope everything goes ok with you all i have consider having scooby done but he his not quite old enough yet

all my best

chelle and scooby x[/img]

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi lynne
heres hoping that it will be the answer to some of the villians problems!!
max sends BIG sloppy kisses and cuddles to you both.
you know where i am if you need me xx

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all of the villains friends and i am sure that he will be fine,and like Kev says it will probably be the making of him,will keep you posted and thanks for your support,

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Lynne,

Poor Dylan, sounds like he's had a really difficult time recently, and it must be difficult for both you and him. He may be one of the most mischievious labs, but if there was an award for one of the 'bravest labs' i think Dylan would certainly deserve it.

Will be thinking of you both tomorrow, and i hope he gets better really soon, also on the eating side of things too.

Hugs to Dylan, from Brad & I.

All the best to you Lynne,

Julie

·
Administrator
20,708 Posts
I'll be thinking of you Lynne. I know it's no good sawing "Don't worry" because we always do, but it will soon be over.

Kind regards, John

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Be thinking of you and Dylan I am sure all will be well Regards Meg

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Julie and John for your kind words,i am already stressed to bits but hopefully it will be the best thing for Dylan,and cant wait for it all to be over and done with,thanks everyone for your support,take care,

·
Registered
421 Posts
Daft doggy

Barney has been castrated... and I think he kept part of his brains down there too...because he is a happy but very daft dog now!

Sure Dylan will be fine!

If you didn't see it on the other neutering thread recently, here in all it's glory is Barney's experience at the vets when he was castrated
Goodbye to all that (Story starts halfway down the page)

Cheers

John
www.marsupialelvis.com

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you John,i am sure Dylan will be fine as well,the only worry both myself and the vet has is that with all his problems we could make them worse by castrating him,but hopefully he will continue to be the mad villain he has always been,but without those damn hormones,

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Hi Lynne, just caught up on your pm and this thread - you don't need to ask to know that I'll be thinking of Dylan and you tomorrow. What time is he scheduled to go to the vets?
Please give him a big hug from me and Shadow, and keep us posted. Take Care,

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Paul,Dylan's going in at 8.30am,cant wait for it to be all over and done with,glad to know you will be thinking of him,big hug for Shadow,take care,

1 - 20 of 62 Posts