Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
29,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had quite a bumper birthday this year and have decided that I will use the money to purchase a dummy launcher. I have been wanting to get one for ages, but never really could justify the spend, anyway, I have googled and checked out many of the sites on the internet, i.e Turner Richards etc. but am slightly overwhelmed by the number of options...

Could anyone with experience of using launchers advise on which would best suit a novice user and a girl at that!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hi rach

I would recomend, Turner & Richards with but extension. shame you didnt come to the north east training days, I could have sold one, much cheaper than you will pay for one from the shops.

Steve

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
Quest have a low recoil one that I've been eye-ing up. I'm a big ol jessie and definetly can't tolerate any kick back!

Someone on another forum reccomended it and I believe Jill (Ettinsmoor) might have one? Meant to ask her last week and forgot.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Rach I've been eyeing up this:

LITE-LAUNCHER© FREELANCE Dummy Launcher - The FREELANCE is a dedicated stock based dummy launcher with built in
recoil absorbent features. Anti-vibration bushing, D2 Velo grip and
shock absorbent rear end cap makes this a far more user friendly
launcher.

They also do a remote version too.

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Nooooooooo Fee - definitely not me.

I make the men do all the dummy launching stuff 8O . With all my old horse riding injuries its not for me (or that's my story and I'm sticking to it :wink: ).

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
I'd go Turner Richards every time myself but absolutely definately with a shoulder stock - and pink and lilac tipped caps, so light and standard load, to vary how far they go ;-)

Bloody hell Rach, I didn't know it was your birthday!

Di

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Rach,

I have both the richard turner with butt stock and a quest lucky launcher, and the lucky launcher is much better for recoil. it is also much lighter and a tenner cheaper !

Also the lucky is better because it is bright orange. So it has an advantage over the turner richard one becuase you dont have to go crazy with yellow plumbing tape :lol:

http://www.questgundogs.co.uk/Products/Details/81

hope that help's a bit 8O

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I can't recommend the remote launchers highly enough, they are very expensive but I feel they have much more use than a launcher and stock set-up. I have a 4 and an 8 and the set-up for retrieve scenarios is great, they are both bumperboy ones. Would be happy to give more details if you are interested,

Nic

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Ettinsmoor said:
Even more envious of the girls this weekend now Nic :wink: :D .
Lol just been practicing with the launchers and the gamecrop/stubble field I plan to use, all looking good so far !

I am sure there will be some pics/reports

Nic

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
They have both promised me a full report plus photos Nic :D .

Off to study more secondhand Romahome adverts - I think I'm going to have to take to the road dogs and all :lol: :lol: :lol: .

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
What did you get in the end Rach? What's it like?

The husband has kindly agreed to buy me one for my birthday next week and I can't make my mind up between the Lucky Launcher and Lite Launcher :roll: Would've loved a remote one but he might have to remortgage the house for that!

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
Having spent the day with Nic now and her bumper boy doo dads.... oh my word ... the possibilities are ENDLESS!

Love it.... pricey... but fantastic.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Feebarn said:
Having spent the day with Nic now and her bumper boy doo dads.... oh my word ... the possibilities are ENDLESS!

Love it.... pricey... but fantastic.
Yes they are great, I was playing with mine yesterday. Walking up with the dog, firing a TR hand held (with stock) out into a field to my left. Dog stopped and sat. Re-loaded and walked on and then fired another dummy to my right. Dog stopped and sat. Walked on a bit further and stopped and sent dog for the first dummy fired. The remote launcher was set-up to fire a duck over her head on her return, which she made note of, but wasn’t distracted. We went back for that one later. Very pleasing. :D

I said on here the other day that Turner Richards do a static mounting for their launcher now.

http://www.turnerrichards.co.uk/

John

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
As much as I'd love a remote one, I don't think I can get him to part with more than a 100 quid, which is very generous anyway.... So think it will have to be a handheld one for me. Perhaps when I'm feeling a bit flush I could treat myself and then set up the super dooper exercise that John did above :) . That maybe some time though!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts