Labradors Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We pick up our fox red bitch 9th Nov, she'll be 9 weeks old. She's weened and now fed on Beta, which I believe isn't the best dry food available. The breeder will be sending some of it home with her but we want to switch her across to something more nutritional once she's settled in her new home.

From what I can see on the AllAboutDogFood website, CI Mighty Meaty fits our budget quite well, but I can find very little details about this food online, compared to Arden Grange, Orijen etc.

Does anyone have any experience with this food? Can anyone recommend it or something else with a similar price?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,142 Posts
Firstly don’t consider switching with any hurry. It may not be the best but pup will have enough to cope with without having to deal with changes in diet. The last thing any new owner needs to contend with is the worry of a poorly puppy.

I’ve never heard of that food. Things to bear in mind…make sure it’s a good that’s readily available locally or from multiple places online.

My breeder uses ProPlan and I’ve stuck with it. She’s a breeder of over 40 years experience who has bred many champions (show and trialers). If it’s good enough for her then it’s good enough for me. My lot are also used to getting the odd raw meal, table leftovers too and generally have pretty robust constitutions.

Reactions: jayc89

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
To be honest, it looks quite a good food, I've not heard of it but the meat content looks good quality and a good percentage. As Maddie has said, let her settle in first before you consider changing, Beta isn't that good, not the worst food in the world but she'll get what she needs from it before you switch her over if you do decide to go ahead.

I use Simpsons Premium when my lot aren't raw fed, which is a similar price and just a bit below the rating the food you've looked at. The girls seem to do absolutely fine on it, good condition, coat etc, so I imagine your pup would do absolutely fine on CI mighty meat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have used CSJ dog food for about 12 years. I am currently feeding my four dogs on it. I have two 20 week old Labrador pups that are currently on CSJ Lamb with Rice adult which is a WGF food, but they have had CSJ Tripe and CSJ Fit and Fast. I have a 3 year old Lab bitch that is on the same as the 20 week old boys and I have a 13 year old terrier cross that is on CSJ Old Champ.
My dogs have all done really well in CSJ so I am more than happy to recommend it if you wish to check out their website.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After spending far too many hours researching dog food, I've taken the plunge and ordered a bag of CI Mighty Meaty.

Service has been pretty good, it arrived next day. We'll see how our new family member takes to it as we gradually introduce it to her diet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Day 5 of switching Poppy across to CI Mighty Meaty (2/3 Mighty Meaty, 1/3 Beta). She's doing really well and seems to be enjoying it, no change in stool consistency whatsoever.

Apparently the food is some sort of white label product which is also sold under a couple of other names;
  • Edmondson's 80/20
  • Europa 80/20 Grain Free
  • Seven Grain Free Adult Superfood
  • Sneyd's Wonderdog 80-20
Has anyone used any of these? I am still a bit apprehensive as to why the food quality seems pretty good, yet is a relatively unknown.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts