Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this was fired from about 60 yards.

2nd test was fired from over 200 yards,, but your not seeing that one,, lol
lets just say we require a little modifications before the next trial,

Total cost £9.98,,,,,we love a bargain !!! hehe

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Bleeding 'ell 8O That works well then. Did you retrieve the dummy yourself at the end. Thought that's what dogs were for lol

Am HUGELY impressed. I wouldn't be at all suprised if NASA gave you a call soon!

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Mambosmum said:
:D :D :D

Erm!! not being a kahki waller :oops: wots it for!! :oops:
marianne
Retriever training. For example when you train on your own it's hard to do any long distances as your dummy only lands as far as you can throw it (which in my case is not very far and sometimes in a tree). So a dummy launcher is a very useful tool.

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
I was thinking the same thing Helen, only of that lot in this country who tried to launch something or other and failed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Oh right!!!!!!!!

Well done then!!

What happened with the one meant to go further??

Will it also help with being near guns and bangs for the dogs?

marianne

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Certainly saved yourself a small fortune there, once you`ve tweaked for the longer distances (I assume it either went nowehere or disappeared into the ether and is now orbiting earth with all the other detritus up there :lol: ) it`ll be a great tool for you for very litle outlay, well done :D

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking the first trip out would not work,
so couldn't believe how far it went.

Alf was a little way away and as he is used to marking from my side he didn't mark the dummy very well, but he did get it.

this is exactly why this is useful to us as him marking from my side is no use to anyone.

The unit itself lets out a gunshot noise although it sounds very very different when you are a little way away from it and its all connected up in the unit.... so mk2 may have the duck noises like the pro ones to get his attention in the right place.

will put the 2nd launch up when i can work out how to rotate it,,

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
hee hee fantastic!!!! i hope no nearby cows or sheep were injuried in the making of this film!!!!

shall show OH later! he'll love it!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tweaked for distance,, you gotta be kidding me,,

that first shot went well over 140 yards, The angle of fire is adjustable as with the proper ones, and with the unit being solid,, the entire shot goes into propelling the dummy,, so goes further than handheld ones

will be strengthening tweaks it needs as soon as the ball goes on there, its gonna take a whack.

will come in green and brown and will have a handle,,, lol

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
ooo errr, wonder if my old man would be able to make something similar for me.

Mind your roots with LF when you reach the dizzy heights of NASA :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
am thinking of Mk2 looking a little like this,, although would need to be painted to stop it looking like a toilet cistern

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Or Andy perhaps it could be Dual Purpose - a remote launcher and a toilet :wink: . You'll be on Dragons Den next :D

Being serious though it is starting to look quite impressive.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts