Labradors Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's almost time for Rueben to be frontlined and wormed and wondered, do you all get yours from the vet (as we have in the past) or buy it in a store/online?

I can't remember how much frontline or drontal are at the vets, but have found a package online for 6 months supply (2 flea and 2 worm treatments) for just over £30. My worry with buying anything medication related online is are you getting what they actually say it is?

I'm all for saving money, just not at the expense of Ruebens health.

Be grateful for any advice.

Anita & Rueben
xXx

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Anita, Roxie is due to also have flea and worm treatment. My vet suggested Advocate. It's around £20.00 for 3 month supply.I suppose the price goes up the older/heavier the dog.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never heard of that one, I'll look into it. Thanks!

Anita & Rueben
xXx

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
This is a good question as i was thinking the same this morning!! Reminder on my phone - FRONTLINE and WORM PILLS!! :lol:
But liek you say the Vet is £££ but in a way im like you and not sure if i should go online!!! :D

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
I buy mine from Vet UK, they supply exactly the same as your vet would but at a much cheaper price :wink:

I have used Vet UK many times and I also buy my food from them - would highly recommend them.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
i get mine from the vets...they frontline your dog for 8.36 and worm for 3.00, suits me just now coz Alfie is so wee. But might start buying them online in a year or two.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your suggestions, although I now have another question!!

I can only see drontal plus or drontal plus xl. Obviously the xl one is too much as its for dogs of 35kg and Rueben is only 22kg, so do I buy more than one of the drontal plus? I know I'm probably being incredibly thick about this, but Rueben was given the correct tablet for his weight by the vets the last time so have never had to buy it myself so far. I just want to make sure I get the right ones!

Anita & Rueben
xXx

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
I buy my drontal from Vet UK - but via the Oldies Club link so we get a donation from the sale.

If anyone buys from Vet UK could you please go via the link on here:
http://www.oldies.org.uk/?page_id=534

so we receive a donation :flower: (just scroll down that page until you see the Vet UK logo, click on it to get to the Vet UK site and then shop as usual).

I get my pet food and other stuff from there too as it's a good price and it helps the oldies at the same time :)

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
from memory i think... 1 drontol plus tablet per 10kg. They are marked so you can break into quarters so for rueben who is 22 you'd need 2 and a quarter tablets :D

i buy from vetuk and use the oldies code as angela mentions

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
_Sam_ said:
from memory i think... 1 drontol plus tablet per 10kg. They are marked so you can break into quarters so for rueben who is 22 you'd need 2 and a quarter tablets :D

i buy from vetuk and use the oldies code as angela mentions
Thanks Sam :flower:

Yes it is 1 drontal tablet for 10kg in weight, I forgot to answer that bit in my post. As Sam said you can break it into quarters easily, I tend to go slightly under rather than over in weight though, so I don't give too much.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I use vetuk via the link Angela put up :)

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
can only see drontal plus or drontal plus xl. Obviously the xl one is too much as its for dogs of 35kg and Rueben is only 22kg, so do I buy more than one of the drontal plus?
The drontal plus xl is 1 whopper tablet (1 tablet = 30kg)
The one time my vet gave Basil the whopper (pre export) he vomited it :roll:

As everyone says the regular tabs are 1 tab= 10kg.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I always get frontline & drontal online.....I buy for Bailey & my 2 cats

It is usually from somewhere different each time, I shop around for the cheapest

There are a few threads in the 'Pet Products' section here's a link to one
http://www.labradorforums.co.uk/ftopict-46704.html

it will give you a few links to different sites

I have used petmeds, petsupermarket and a few others in the past and have never had a problem :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts