Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Skylar has poorly ears. :( Although I inspect them regularly noticed last night that they were looking a bit sore and inflamed inside. Also a little wax buildup. Although Elphie has taken to hanging off her ears I don't think this has caused it. :eek: They don't seem to be bothering her though and she isn't scratching them so hopefully Vet can sort out quickly.
Elphie is having her first jabs tonight so hope she will be ok too. I thought is was at 8 weeks, but the Vet said from 6 weeks onwards, then the second jab at 10 weeks as normal.

I have some more cracking photos to add later. The pair of them are so cute together and Skylar has calmed down so much now around Elphie and just taking it all in her stride. Even when Elphie pulls her face, ears and tail. She is so tolerant and it must hurt.

Elphie so far has had only a couple of accidents in the house and even waited by the back door a couple of times to go out. I think that this is just coincidence though, but who knows. She has also slept the last few nights from 11pm to 5.30am!!! What a star.
Everyone in the house is smitten with this little choc girl, and Skylar is getting just as much if not more attention.

It seems to us that Sky has grown up in the last few days and lost some of her puppy antics. Its almost like she realises she is no longer the baby. Hopefully she won't grow up too quickly as we miss some of her silly ways. :)

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Sorry to hear Skylar has poorly ears, hopefully some drops or powder will sort them quickly for her, good to hear she has settled with little Elphie and is playing the part of big sis, once Elphie is big enough to play properly I think you`ll see some of her puppy ways coming back :D

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Hopefully some tabs or powders and Skys ears will be ok. Good luck wee Elphie, Alfie says be brave.. :D

I don;t think its coincidence that Elphie goes to the door...Alfie did this from the day we brought him home too... :D

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
_Mary_ said:
Sorry to hear Skylar has poorly ears, hopefully some drops or powder will sort them quickly for her, good to hear she has settled with little Elphie and is playing the part of big sis, once Elphie is big enough to play properly I think you`ll see some of her puppy ways coming back :D
Oh I do hope so Mary. We love Sky's silly antics. She just seems a little lost at the moment. :(

Thanks Donna for Alfie's good luck wishes. :D :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts