Labradors Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im abit confused,
when meg wants a fuss she turns round and backs herself up to us in a sittin position and we scratch her back, we call it "meg wants a huggle"
Well my friend was round and meg calmly did this to her and she said im not fussing her coz shes tryin to get dominence over me, n i thought well at least shes not jumpin up you! which shes stopped doin!
Im confused, i just thought megs comin for a fuss!! not tryin to dominate!!

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Absolute rubbish - it is all about affection and getting a back scratch and nothing about dominance. i do wish that word had never been invented or mentioned around dogs ever...! It is so misquoted and overused.

Keep huggle'ing away!

Di

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think my friend has been watchin too much C.M :roll:
Dont worry, meg wants huggle, she gets a huggle! , she normally does it when the kids have gone bed its as if to say oh mum giz a love weve had a hard day aint we!! :lol:
But im glad ive heard it from you guys its ok,
I thought weve come such a long was with her finally not muggin ppl and pushing by us to say hello nstuff, shes calming down a lot and getttin manners at last buti felt like i was takin a step back, so phew im not!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hiya,

George does it to and i've never seen it as dominance either. George is one of those dogs who loves to be touched and near somebody.
For example if i'm cooking or washing up he comes and lays right behind me so he's touching my ankles

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
I think your friend may be thinking of the "if the dog comes to you" thing, people seem to think you should fuss the dog on your terms not theirs, I`m perfectly happy for either of mine to come to me for a fuss, sometimes I can sometimes I can`t and they seem to understand this, they are the same with me :lol:

I agree with Di too, this word dominance seems to be dragged out for every thing the poor dog does when most if not all its actions are perfectly normal and s/he wouldn`t know dominanced if it smacked him/her in the face :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts