Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya,just wondering about these dog rocks ive just googled - has anyone used them? reviews good or bad? obviously dogs health comes before my grass,i can see my lab playing dunking after them in her water bowl !!!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
My back garden was like a bowling green "pre-Judy" and I looked into things like this endlessly!

My sister-in-law has used lava rocks and said they are fine but in the end I decided anything that has the potential to change chemical balance of a dogs pee has the potential to cause upsets so i left it.
I'm now more than used to my moon crater lawn (it's only small!!) and I'd sooner have a happy healthy hound than my manicured handkerchief patch of grass anyway

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi,aww thanks for your reply......this is why i posted as im a bit reluctant ,its doesnt seen quite rite to me to mess with nature just for green grass,anyway the yellow patches go well with the holes she dug ;) thanks again

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I was also looking at them as having 3 dogs I actually have not much of green grass in the garden but I decided it can't be healthy in a long term use. I prefer healthy happy dogs than nice garden ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone else used WEE PATCH RESTORE from Ebay, have ordered quite a few from this guy now with excellent results. Completely harmless to pets and children according to the blurb and works a treat

·
Administrator
20,497 Posts
Do they work?
Possibly, if you are lucky. How much urine burns the grass depends to such a great extent on the bitch. Some are worse than others. Of course, as you could guess, my really bad one was Big Bad Beth. (EVERYTHING was always BBB's fault!) And I think the only thing which would have improved my lawn with her around would have been a little piece of lead clipped to the left ear, preferably fired out of a 12 bore shotgun!

One thing which I've found to help is to watch where they go then poor (non greasy) washing up water on it. The washing up liquid seems to help neutralise the urine. It's not perfect but it does help. I used to keep a watering can outside the kitchen door to pour the washing up water in ready for use when needed. But these days both Amy and Chloe are not bad so I no longer bother.

Regards, John

·
Premium Member
8,786 Posts
Funnily enough, I've got 3 bitches that pee like clockwork in the same place and the grass is fine.

·
Premium Member
8,786 Posts
It's like I said Nicola, some do, some don't.

Regards, John
Well I've been lucky. There's been 5 different bitches peeing in the same bits of grass. I think it probably depends on the type if grass. My "lawn" was a cow field, mown to within an inch if it's life and now looks like lawn. Probably not as fine as your typical British lawn.

·
Administrator
20,497 Posts
I think it probably depends on the type if grass.
Sorry but again not so Nicola, I've had bitches that do and bitches that done, all on the same lawn. It's certainly down to the bitch. The fact that she was Epileptic should not have affected the urine because Epilepsy is a brain thing. But whatever caused it, she was my longest lived Labrador.

John :)

Regards, John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts