Labradors Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dogs don't like to mess in their crates.... this was proving to be correct in the case of our pup Corbie. He only peed in it up to 9 weeks of age during the night on newspaper and since then has stayed dry all night long. As has been said in many books, even on the forum, that dogs don't like to toilet in their beds.

Which brings me to my funny 'tail'....

Corbie must've needed a wee in the night and found a way of keeping his crate clean. I got up to him this morning to find that it was wet on the floor outside the crate door. It appears that he had cocked his leg so that his wee went outside the crate! :lol: He's never done this before, I think he's getting to that pain-in-the-butt age! :D

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:lol: He's been cocking his leg for quite a few weeks in certain parts of the garden (oh, and apparently in his crate too :lol: ), just not mastered it when he's out on his walks yet. :D

I've bought him a big I-Qube now, so he plays with that and the small one. We put the large and small balls all into the big one but he still empties it too quick!

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Did you not get the JUMBO one karen? Ben fell asleep with his nose in his IQube the other day! :lol: Maybe Ben is just lazy! :lol:

Cristina

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
nice one karen. wish max would get the hang of cocking his leg as im getting fed up washing one paw where he keeps peeing on it :lol:

·
Registered
669 Posts
See the I-Qube is really working his problem solving abilities! :D

I bought mine an I-Qube. Its now become their favourite toy! They are good at sharing. One pulls one out and plays with it then the other one has a turn. No point in buying one each - they only want what the other one has then when they get it its no longer interesting anymore!

Clever things!

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jane - you need a little plastic sock (like a shower cap) for his paw :lol:

Cristina - yes, in fact we could probably all fit in it!

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes Amanda, he finds it no problem at all!! The hardest part is for me: trying to find all the balls again when he's finished playing with it - and it's always a blue one that goes missing. I'm hoping the larger balls won't be so easy to lose!

G

·
An I-Qube??
Not heard of this before it seems to be a popular toy has anyone got a photo on the website anywhere with their lab playing with one so I know what to look for?

Michaela

G

·
Thanks for the links Karen

These look great. Corbie looks like he's having fun with his.

Ollie had a winalot shapes ball which I would put shapes biscuits into and he would spent ages trying to get them out again. Sometimes he would get his hair off with it trying to get them out, he insisited that he could suck them out from the top through the hole!

Michaela

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Hi Michaela, Shadow has a green winalot ball. Although after the first run with it we decided it was an outdoor toy! Everything went flying as he relentlessly pushed it around trying to get the last biccie out, but quite funny to watch :D

·
Registered
669 Posts
Karen,

I must have a something else and not an I-Qube. Mine is like a mini jail for different sized and shaped toys, like a ball, triangle etc. Made of soft material. Same effect though. I got it from Pets at Home. The object is they push their noses in or they use their paws and pull the 'soft bars' apart to get the toys out. i'll get a picture. But its good. Works well. Amuses me for sure!

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know the one you mean. We were going to get that for Corbie but decided to get a buster cube at that particular time... wish we'd chosen that now as it would be much quieter :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts