Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 4 mounth old puppy has the runs really bad - nearly made us throw up! Also, now noticed he has been sick in his bed quite alot as well as the runs.

We have not changed his food, routine or anything. We suspect eating rabbit poo is not helping.

What can I give him to settle his tummy and make them solid again?

Thanks.x.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
How long has it been going on? Pups can dehydrate very fast so it may be worth at least a call to the vet for some advice.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm a first time puppy owner so I'm sure someone more experienced will be along soon to give advice but when Buddy had the runs around the same age we didn't give him any food for about 12 hours and then fed a little scrambled eggs with plain chicken or a bit of plain rice. Really bland food that is meant to bind their poo together I believe!
I gave our vet a call to ask for advice, too and they were very helpful so maybe you could try that, too!
Hope the little one feels better soon!

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
OK, now normally in an older dog, when he/she has the D&V's you would starve for 24hours and then a light diet of chicken/fish and rice.

However, with a young pup such as yours I would be concerned about dehydration which would prompt a call to the emergency vet as its a Bank Holiday.

Is he bright and alert in himself? Is he drinking some water?

These are important signs as to how serious it is.

If you answer NO to either of the the above then call the vet now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts