Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just wondering if there is such thing as a doggy bib..reason im asking is because rosze has a lovely drink of water then brings most of it through the kitchen into the hall into the living room then all over my lap..lol..yes she seems to dribble the water all over the place (no she doesnt move the water bowl its huge)
yet brandy(black lab) has a drink and the water goes into her mouth as it does and not one sighn of a drip from her?? please explain..lol

do all choccy labs dribble??? my late choccy tessa was a terrible one for the messy water everywere and now rosze seems to of taken over from were tessa left off

or will i spend the rest of my days running after her with a tissue to clean up after her ..lol

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
:lol: Corbie is a dribbler too! My parents have 2 west highland terriers and one of those dribbles when he drinks but the other hardly makes a mess.

Maybe we need to put a baby's pelican bib on them so that it catches all the drips?! :D

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
think ive used more kitchen roll since ive had max than that :lol: soon as i hear him hit the water bowl its out with the kitchen roll to clear up the floods that i know he's going to make. and yes clair he walks from room to room with a nice little trickle coming out and he allways insists on a kiss when he's got a mouthfull :eek:

jane and max.

G

·
yes, Oscar is another black lab who soaks the floor after he's had a drink :lol:

you can always tell where he has gone when he has finished drinking.. just follow the trail of water!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi There,

A doggy bib sounds like a great idea - i haven't seen one though! LOL

Brad's another dribbler and we normally have a trail of water on the floor after he's had a drink..i usually tred in it whilst wearing my socks and end up with soaking wet socks! (The funny thing is then Dave goes and does it straight after me before i get a chance to wipe it up! :lol: )

I know what you mean about kitchen roll Jane, we used to buy just a 2 pack, now it has to be an 8 pack and a high absorbency :D

Maybe you could try one of those plastic bibs they use for babies that catch all the crumbs and food! Now that would be a funny sight!

It's funny how some dribble and some don't though....

·
Registered
244 Posts
It's like Niagara Falls when Ruthie leaves the water bowl (she's a yellow lab), whereas Lottie (another yellow) hardly spills a drop.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Dylan's black and he dribbles too, or rather they are now ponds not pools as dyl is 16 months now and has a huge flappy mouth and when he shakes, boy! does it travel,we have tiled floor in the kitchen,(horrid cold things)and i have lost count of times we have gone flying,Lynne.

·
Registered
193 Posts
There's usually a trail of water from Molly's water bowl, usually to the nearest person who has an equal amount of water in their lap/arm etc.
She will often go back and get more to share the wet kisses around if she feels someone has missed out!

It's pretty funny watching her drink, it's almost like she can't wait to finish and slobber over you, cos she pads really excitedly as she drinks!

Recently we put one of those abosrbent magi cloth things (available from a market usually) under her bowl, and it's a lot less wet!

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Another black dribbler here too! Shadow dribbles so much that i thought his mouth was like a collander. Best bit is when he's had a long drink and then come to me or Liz for a big cuddle :D

Must be a (lovable) design fault!

Cheers

Paul & Shadow

·
Registered
34 Posts
Glad to hear it seems like most of our labs are dribblers.

Ruf is awful. I agree with Jane i have never used some much kitchen roll until i got Rufus!!!. But i wouldn't change him for the world. He is currently flat out on the sofa happily snoring his head off. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts