Labradors Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

What does everyone think to this new mobile phone for dogs? It has been produced in the U.S and soon to be available here. It can be attached to a collar and has gps tracking on it. It also cost around 200$.

I do think the gps system is a good idea, but maybe as a name tag or collar not a doggie phone!

Mind you I could always send him a text when he is to far away to hear me though! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cristina

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
LOL...oh my what will they come up with next lol..

imagine hubby taking my dogs out then i get a call from brandy hey mum were on our way home get the bowl of water ready for me and a nice warm bath....lol..

although this would come in handy for lynne
Top-of-the-range versions will incorporate a camera to show absent owners what their pets are up to.

It they are seen to be misbehaving, the owner can dial a number and shout commands such as: "Bad dog".

ill go post it to her now..lol..

G

·
Hi all

I had read about these mobile phones for dogs about a year ago they are a good idea in theory but in practice if a dog was wearing one there's a chance he could be mugged for it.
You can see it now some big rottie mugging a lab for his mobile phone in the park.

Michaela

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Mine fell out of my pocket yesterday and Corbie promply picked it up and he was going to run off with it (I should've let him and gone and rung it from the home phone, that would've made him jump!). So I think he'd quite like his own :D

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi karen,

It would be like the cats & dogs film. They will all be hatching plans together while we aren't looking :lol: Plotting there next moves!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think ben would c**p him self if he could hear me and not see me!

Cristina

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
No Cristina,ben would'nt as ian often talks to dylan on the phone, and dyl just sits there head going side to side and tail going like a train,and if he's bad on the field i take my mobile out of my pocket and shout "dad's talking to you" and he'll come back to me,i have had some strange looks though cant understand why,lynne.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well Lynne, that's cos your mad!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I will have to try that see what his reaction would be :shock: !!

Cristina

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
you're not the only one lynne :lol: my daughter quite often talks to max on the phone. i have to own up to it as well cos i purr and miow at her cat :oops:
daft sods are'nt we.

jane and max

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Cristina,mad!! what kind of word is that to call me,i am perfectly sane nothing i do or say is strange i cannot understand why my postpals think of me in this way,i am gutted,it's bad enough you b******s that the neighbours think i am doolalie.lynne.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Carm down Lynne, just a joke!!!!! :D Don't take these things so personally! I am sure you are perfectly sane, you would have to be to go through all the naughty stuff Dylan gets up to! Besides I've been chatting to you for awhile now and I find your advise very useful :D . Did'nt mean to affend! :( :( :(

Cristina

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Cristina,it was a joke,you did not offend me,it was suppose to be in the "i am the sane one you are the nutters" mode,sorry i forget we dont actually know each other in the real sense cos if you did you would know what kind of nutter i really am,or so everyone tells me,Lynne,

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thought it was, just did'nt want to put a sarcastic comment back, Just in case it wasn't. I will know next time!!!! :lol: And I still think your a loony! :lol:

Cristina

G

·
I figure this is the thread to admit to being a loony too. I would ring home from work when my boyfriend was in and ask to speak to my Ollie and chat away to him to see if he was being looked after ok and to tell him what time I would be back home etc etc, I never got more than a jingle from his name tag and the odd yawn but my boyfriend assured me he was wagging his tail like crazy.
When my boyfriend rang me Ollie would always come to the phone and insist on listening into the conversation, if you put the phone to his ear he would stop his whinning and listen so intently to what my boyfriend was telling him.
So it's official then we're all mad and talk to our labbies on the phone, but so what they obviously love it!

Michaela

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
erm im not admiting to be a looney as i havent got as far as phoning my labs yet..lol.. i may talk to them like babys when we playing in the garden or laying on the floor or telling them ill be back in 5 mins when i leave but as for phoning erm nope not yet..lol.. :lol: :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts