Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're limited to one lot per day, even though I'm doing my best to adhere to the new rules, I can't possibly walk all six dogs at once, thankfully I can go where I know I won't meet anyone else, I've stopped going anywhere I know there are lots of other dog walkers. So anyway, here's a few from exercising Zasa and Rhuna, and Branta training yesterday, I hope everyone else is keeping safe during this awful time.

·
Administrator
20,396 Posts
Everything's so quiet. I went for a walk with Chloe around the local industrial estate this morning, as much as anything to be nosey. There are almost no places working and I never saw a single person. Even the roads are quiet!

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I could say the same John, I've seen more people since lock down out and about walking, cycling, on motorbikes etc, than ever before. I'm worried I'll get stopped if I take my fitter dogs to where I know there's no livestock, which is a 5 min car journey. Otherwise I will be struggling to get them any exercise without meeting other walkers.

·
Administrator
20,396 Posts
I have similar problems. I can walk around the roads on lead with no problem. But if I go to the common it's packed! I have plenty of private fields and two woods where I can walk alone with my dogs at my shoot, but that's 30 miles down the road, and could be classed as an un-necessary journey, and I'm trying to be good.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I'm in the same boat. The streets around us are heaving with dog walkers. Up until today I was sticking the dogs in the car and driving the 1.5 miles to our own little field where we see no one at all. Without being able to use it I'm left with the problem of how to exercise the old dog. Ash, the youngster isn't a problem, he loves pavement pounding but Lucan isn't safe to take out in public. He's old, he hurts, he's going deaf and senile, his meds for all his inflammatory conditions are causing Cushings which in turn is making him defensive and reactive. It's a bit of a dilemma, flout the rules or leave him at home, which he's not at all happy about. :-(

·
Administrator
20,396 Posts
It's so difficult. I had a phone chat to our gamekeeper this evening and told him none of us would be there anymore until restrictions are lifted. He is going to just pop over to do the feeding, and I've said that if for any reason he cant get there to phone me and I'll cover. It's all we can do at the moment, to just try to keep things ticking over until things settle. We will get our instructions eventually from the shoot captain on how he wants things to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts