Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know someones going to say the south downs, but where specifically?

I have an errand to run first thing down in Haywards heath and thought id walk mutley at the same time. I've been looking at the ashdown forest website but there's too much to choose from (and no mention of where the car parks are :? )

Can someone just make this easy and give me a good 1-2 hour off leash walk that we can do please? :)

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
We're looking for nice long walk tomorrow too.... we were also thinking of the South Downs...

Will watch with interest :wink:

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://www.ashdownforest.org/docs/Walk - Walk beyond the pale.pdf

I have narrowed it down to this one from the foest webby as the others are too short.
Just as a starting point for the car park to then meander sort of near a track - I'm hoping it's a proper walk and not a kids bike/ wheelchair friendly track though to encourage too many family walkers :oops: :?

It's so much better when someone says 'ooh no go here' hopefully with a nice 'eat here after' :wink: :D

I lookec at ardingley reservoir but it's dogs on leads :(

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I know it's hard isn't it. I want to walk for around 2-3 hours with the perfect country pub at the end for a nice lunch!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Ardingly reservoir is one of our regular walks, and very few dogs are kept on leads. If Basil has good recall, he'll be fine. It says don't let dogs in the water too, but provided there are no fishermen, Alfie has a swim :oops:

Easy parking (£1), only downside is you get women in white wool coats.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Well I dont know! All I want is for you lot to come and walk on our downs through the forest and down to the sea. Just like buses, no one wants to come for ages then two come at once!!

Now if only you South Downs enthusiasts gave more notice I could have met you and taken you on fabby walks over the downs. (Haywards Heath is a little short of the south downs though Sarah!)

**sighs** ah well maybe next time...........................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts