Labradors Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all over the house, walls and furniture, there are little green spots everywhere which appear to be emanating from my dogs bits. By the time we notice these, these have dried solid and are near impossible to remove. Does anybody know what this is, why my dog seems to produce quite a lot and the easiest way to clean it off

·
Registered
795 Posts
Not quite sure what you mean,
is your dog shaking and this green stuf is being sprayed?, or is he marking (urinating), or just rubbing himself on things?

male dogs have a sort of greenish tinged liquid that comes out of the end of the penis, usually after urinating. its perfectly normal. it could be this??? but not sure how he is gettig it everywhere.

someone may know more than i do.

stacey x

·
Registered
470 Posts
Sounds like that to me as well, Stacey, but it must be a lot to be all on the walls etc?

Could there be a bit of an infection going on ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gsygal said:
Not quite sure what you mean,
is your dog shaking and this green stuf is being sprayed?, or is he marking (urinating), or just rubbing himself on things?

male dogs have a sort of greenish tinged liquid that comes out of the end of the penis, usually after urinating. its perfectly normal. it could be this??? but not sure how he is gettig it everywhere.

someone may know more than i do.

stacey x
must be when hes shaking or moving rather quickly. example up walls on the stairs when hes running up the stairs. When he has a shake its up the walls. Its a creamy green liquid. I did ask the vet when he was at his 6 month check up and she said its normal, like a kind of smegma, and hes nearly 14 months old now and still has it but since we moved to our new house in november, we notice its getting everywhere and takes ALOT of scrubbing to get off.

·
Registered
795 Posts
If it were me, I'd maybe try a wipe him after he has been to the loo and try and reduce the amount that can be shaken about.

As for cleaning it off the walls and such, I'm not sure. Maybe some baking soda to act as an abrasive to scrub it off?

·
Registered
11,547 Posts
Maybe try some dettox floor wipes I have no idea if it would work for this sort of thing but we find them ever so useful at school and you can imagine that 350 children can make all sorts of marks appear everywhere!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
We had these green splashes everywhere and I tried to convince myself it was just slobber before admitting where it was really coming from! Ours was the worst on the stairs too and high traffic areas, and yes it's really hard to scrub off! I think I used flash but the paint often came off too.

Weirdly we don't have them anymore (just mud splashes instead). I'm not sure if it stopped after Harry was neutered or if he just grew out of it. Anyway, thought you'd like to know it may not be forever x

G

·
there are little green spots everywhere which appear to be emanating from my dogs bits.
And people wonder why I'll only have girls. :wink: :lol: :lol:

I think from what other people have posted about this in the past, it's pretty normal for entire boys to have a "Drippy Willy" and some are more drippy than others. However, most seem to say it gets less so once the dog is castrated.

As for how to get it off the walls.....Hammer and Chisel, perhaps? :wink:

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
ewww :lol:

Got to say I've never had a male dog with a drippy willy and the idea of stuff on walls is horrid.

No advice but tonnes of sympathy for you with the problem :)

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Ugh nasty stuff to get off
We had this with Zak, not so much now hes older and doesn't go every where at 100 miles an hour and hes slobbers for england as well so had that running down the walls to :pukeright: when we decorated the hallway, which is where their beds are, we used Dulux Endurance paint expensive but it can be scrubbed with a green scouring pad best thing we ever did well worth the money. When we bought it homebase had it bogof so we did the dining room and kitchen as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm pleased someone else has mentioned this (sort of). The first time we noticed anything from there it was definitely an infection so got some antibiotics from the vets. As his antibiotics have finished I've been keeping an eye out and was beginning to wonder what was going on. Again, you guys have solved the problem! He hasn't managed to get it up the walls yet though :pukeright: And to think, I said "lets get a dog as we'll not have to deal with seasons" :roll:

·
Registered
1 Posts
all over the house, walls and furniture, there are little green spots everywhere which appear to be emanating from my dogs bits. By the time we notice these, these have dried solid and are near impossible to remove. Does anybody know what this is, why my dog seems to produce quite a lot and the easiest way to clean it off
i have the same problem too. i am forever cleaning walls, skirting boards, floors and bedding. i also find it hard to get off :(

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
The joys of an entire adult male dog! I know it well. Have to say it's not all of them that do it and I've been told that neutering is usually a cure.
As to getting the green spots off.... I used to wet it, leave for a few minutes to soak, then go back and scrub with a lot of elbow grease involved. Either that or get the paintbrush out. LOL

·
Registered
Labrador
15 Posts
Omg! Such a gross topic but glad (I think) that I have read it. We have two 4 month old boys so I am dreading this now 😆

It’s funny how as a kid things like this just don’t register. We’ve had Labs as family pets for years. Beginning to think my Mum was Wonder Woman as she must have done so much behind the scenes, not to mention all the training etc. Blissfully unaware whilst I was at school, then come home to play with the pups 😊

·
Premium Member
9,181 Posts
Adult entire male here, not a problem I’ve come across,

·
Administrator
21,785 Posts
Yes, it can happen, just as with tom cats, but it's not compulsory. ;) Certainly not a problem I ever had when I kept males.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts