Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 19th Sept i am graduating from my post graduate degree in Hatfield. Normally mum would be around to have Ruby but she wants to see me graduate (as does dad)

I don't have any friends that are willing/ able to have Ruby and potentially she is going to be left for 9 hours when i take into account the traveling :(. The only friend so far I've found who can have her has a dog that tends to snap (ALOT!) and as Ruby is very nervy around other dogs id prefer not to leave her there as i don't want to undo all the hard work I've been doing to overcome her fears and teach her "dogs are fun!"

Does anyone live near Ely or near Hatfield (or anywhere on route between the 2 places) that wouldn't mind me dropping her off with you for a few hours? Shes a good girl no trouble, just very nervy of dogs that bark a lot or play bite.

My dad refuses to let me give anyone a spare key to the house so they can come in and let Ruby out. :roll: :evil:

I know its a long shot but if i dont find anyone either my mum or my dad wont be able to come.

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
She'd be welcome here but I'm the wrong direction unfortunately - Melton Mowbray. Hope someone can help, it'd be a shame for one of your parents to miss your special day.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Im abit further than you would like but I would be more than happy to have her here for the day if you liked Claire ?

I'm in Suffolk so about 45 mins from Hatfield ? Let me know if your stuck and if I am right then I think thats a saturday so could happily do the friday evening until the sunday morning if necessary ?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
why not see if someone can come and let your dog out in your garden a couple of times during the day/or longer - as you can't beat them being looked after in their own homes

b

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dad wont let me give a key out. He wont even give a spare key to our (very nice invite us round for a drink at xmas) next door neighbors or his parents when we go away. (Strange man!)

Laura that's so nice of you I will keep you posted :)

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
Claire I live near St Albans and would be happy to look after her for you. My dogs are all friendly.

PM me if you are interested and we'll take it from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts