Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fello lurkers :)

Hope this tip helps any one out who is not sure on what magazine if any, to buy.

There are about four monthly ones availabe, but the one I buy, that seems to include everything that I need info. on is Your Dog at £3.10, Ive been getting it now, for 3-4 years, from my local newsagent, but am seriously considering going the subscription route .

It would be nice to hear what any of you lot out there buy, if any :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Readers dogs

Dog magazines!!

Isn't that indulging your lab a bit too much?

Barney can't even read! (although he does like the photos of readers dogs)

John
That book
Hmmmm You're just being stupid now

·
Premium Member
8,850 Posts
Your Dog was my favourite. In fact any UK dog mag is better than the French ones who just seem to be full of adverts and show results!

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
There's a brilliant training article in Your Dog this month for how to practise recalls the couch potato way! I started on Corbie at the weekend and now he comes to me when in different rooms, on walks (well, it's hit and miss but better than before). I still use the whistle as well but dont always have it to hand in the house.

I've also been trying something else to stop Corbie nipping when he gets excited. I say 'no biting' and make him sit and then give him a treat when he's stopped and sat down. I've been doing this for a few days now and he's really learning - when I say no biting now, he'll stop and sit down - so hopefully soon there will be no more biting!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts