Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,we've got a new addition to our family, wee summer who has just turned 9 weeks old yesterday. We're currently still under her 4 weeks free insurance from pet plan that the vet signed us up for when we got her jabs done but looking to get insurance sorted for her. Our best options seem to be more than or pet plan....more than is £18.93 pm or pet plan £23.90......recommendations please. We're looking at lifetime cover.....with this cover can the insurer crank the prices up at renewal time????
Thanks
Dawn

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
All insurance companies will put your premiums up each year, whichever type of policy you have.

Pet Plan have always been known for being a little more expensive but very good at paying out. Pet insurance is their main business so they should be good at it. People have found recently that other companies have pulled out of the pet insurance business, sometimes leaving customers high and dry or putting premiums up with huge increases. I'm not sure how true it is but I've heard that Pet Plan's prices seem to stay more stable and not increase as much as others.

I'm with Direct Line and have seen my monthly payments go up from £21 to £33 in 5 years but this is a smaller jump than some members have suffered.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
We are with Petplan Lifetime Cover and monthly premiums have only gone up by a couple of pounds when each year's renewal comes in - despite an awful lot of claims. I would recommend them.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Check the excess. Im sure more than is 75 plus 10% of the bill. But pet plan is only a fixed about like 70/75

For me the 10% of the bill can mount up and the whole reason I have pet insurance is that I only need to worry about a small amount to find

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
MaxsDad is your man for Insurance!

Pet plan do seem to have the best rep, I've also heard some good things on Trescothick

My advice is go lifetime cover with the highest per condition and per year payout amounts you can afford / find

·
Registered
93 Posts
We are with pet plan. We have until this year only had to make small claims.
We have just make a huge claim recently and have had every penny back.
I'm so happy with pet plan and so are others I know, I wouldn't change.

Just hoping they pay out for second leg next.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Check through a couple of recent threads. Re petplan vs others

Petplan is a premium insurer but worth every penny extra above others if you can afford it. Easy claims. Deal with vets direct. Coverage of many areaa others fuss over. And if you have the free month. Ring them. You may well get another free month if you take full policy and continuous coverage on from your free month which if a vet signed you up for is probably immediate cover with no deferment period.

Any other new policy you take will have a 14-30 day period where you cant claim and anything occuring in this time won't be covered

1 - 8 of 8 Posts