Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Clover has recently started to moult excessively - hair is everywhere, particularly disturbing when you find it on the cheese in the fridge! I have read recommendations for furminator and I am going to buy one today - by the way you can get these on ebay for a tenner - much better than £30+ rrp!

I currently have a dyson vacuum but even this fails at picking up her hair -can anyone recommend a vacuum which is good for dog hair specifically?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
We have a pretty good vax hoover but it never gets all the hairs up on the carpet :roll:

I go over the carpet with our plastic brush, that we use on the laminate (it's fab :wink: ) and that gets quite a lot up and then go over with the hoover

I suppose it depends on the type of carpet you have down too, as my mum and dad have a fab carpet down in their living room that hairs don't seem to stick to.....but they stick to mine :roll:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dyson just isnt working - we have wooden floorboards in most of the house which I dont think helps

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking about hoovering her the other day, but she isnt a big fan of the noise...she skulks around in the background pretending she isnt bothered but when I get anywhere near her she turns tail and disappears! She did the same the other day when I was cleaning the bath, she was getting involved trying to eat the cloth until I turned the shower head on, at which point she remembered that this is where she gets a bath...and she was off like a shot!

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Ah when we had wooden floors the only thing that worked for us was sweeping up it took ages coz the hair would just fly around. Furminator will be your best friend we did ours every 2-3 days and it helped no end.

·
Registered
794 Posts
as i have burnt out 2 dysons and a vax pet i knew i was never gonna try those 2 makes so i went for the henry extra! and my god its fabulous!!! i will never try another make its gonna be henry all the way for me!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts