Labradors Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
G

·
we have a miele cat and dog and its great including laminates which some uprights can not do, like to know about dog odour removal stuff do you get it from a shop

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
I like the fairly new one out by johnsons called oust,its got a pink top or a apple green top and they both smell great, depending where you buy it, it ranges from about 80p to £1.20ish,but i also like febreze but oust is no1 at the moment in our house.Lynne.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My mum has just got one of those new Polti steam and vacum thingies and I have to say that I was embarased at how much fur came out of it. It filters through water so me and mum dont sneeze like we used to and the steam function is great for killing fleas (not that I would ever have any) and dust mites and also removing nose prints from windows and it cleans and dries the kitchen floor so that we dont leave paw prints straight away like we used to.

Im being careful not to stand still too long when it is out as I think she is on a mission at teh moment to clean everything in sight.

G

·
I once got an email that was going round saying that Febreeze is harmful to pet so I hardly use it now.

Would be interested to hear what the rest of you think.

Sam

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
how about a huge human size roll of sticky tape..lol.cheap and easy and quick just roll and bin away..lol..

as for febreeze cozwaz i have seen no affect on my animals so far but i use it sparingly any way what did they say it does??? i know shake n vac is bad for animals as my tessa came out in huge lumps all over her head took her the vet straight away and she had to have injections anti somehting..lol..and injections for the swellings since then we have never used a carpet freshner

G

·
I can't remember exactly Clair but it was something to do with vets in American saying it wasn't good for pets, but I have just been having a look on the internet and have found mixed reports, but it mainly seems to be about birds.

I can't use shake and vac either but that is because I am allergic to it :lol: A few times a year I tend to hire a carpet shampooer and do all my carpets and my Dyson is a god send - even though its almost at the end of its life and I could do with a new one. Corries bedding etc all goes in the washing machine almost every week. Its amazing when you live on your own with a dog how many loads of washing you do at the weekend - tow or three tend to be of Corries bedding, towels etc :lol:

Oh yes and sticky tape is wonderful stuff - especially the brown packaging tape, great for getting those dog hairs off my work clothes before I head to the office :D

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
oh well we are ok then as our budgies are in the back room safely away from the febreeze and our 3 cats..lol..

yes took me 30mins yesterday to take the dog/cat hair of my black cardigan as silly me left it on the chair and my cats and charlie decided to lay on it..lol..the tape was very small so i suppose that didnt help..lol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It would appear that almost anything scented makes both me and Mum sneeze so she is on a campaign to reduce the number of chemicals in the house. Sticky tape is fine but a damp rubber glove is even cheeper and just as effective on the furnature. Speaking of which mum is threatenting to ban us from our sofas as she said that she just found half a dog down the back of them. Personally I balme dad he says he vaccums and only does the middle bit :shock:

G

·
Hi everyone

I used to have a Hoover Pets until I blew up - labrador fur overload I think. Then I invested in a Dyson Animal oh wow what a hoover. I have had it for 2 years and I only worked out how to work the animal attachment on the stairs a year ago having gone to the Dyson stand at Crufts for a demonstration on what all the attachments did. So now I know how to use the thing properly, I'd give it my vote for lab fur every time! One drawback is seeing all that fur & dust in the see through container yuk!

Michaela

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I have 3 dyson. A very old original DC01, a dyson animal and a cylinder chubby, great for stairs. Having said that, I do not have any carpets in my house, all wooden floors, but I do hoover my dogs, especially during a heavy moult just before coming into season. I only have to plug dyson in and they queue up waiting for their turn. :D

Kay & the Exelby Clan

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
I bought a Dyson DC07 Animal and it picks up Hersheys hair no problem, best buy even tho it was slightly more than any of the other hoovers around I am glad I bought this one and its a lovely Purple colour :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Another Dyson fan! We've just bought a DC14 Animal and it's fantastic, can't believe how much more stuff it gets up than our old hoover. It comes with a couple of extra attachments especially for pet hair, so that's why we picked it over the DC07 animal. If you go onto the dyson website then there is a 'which dyson for you' quiz you can do and it will tell you the best model for your home depending on your answers.

Highly recommend them.

Lucy.

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Re. Hoovers!

Hi all,
I'm a Dyson animal fan aswell,
I had a Hoover vacuum cleaner, that was no match for the dyson, it's amazing how much fur it picks up, I am also thinking of starting to hoover the dog, even though I enjoy giving them abrush. I used to have no end of trouble getting rid of the loose fur on the dog until the shedder was also bought which in my opinion is another must have if you have a dog let alone a lab.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I bought my Dyson at the same time as Harvey arrived in readiness for the infamous Lab coat "blow" .. but, 7 months later, he has still to lose any coat at all! ... am the owner of the only non-shedding Lab around, or can I expect the Dyson to start earning its keep any time now??? :wink:

·
Registered
244 Posts
This must be remedied immediately. Give me your home address NigelB and I will send you a few carrier bags full of Lottie and Ruth's to distribute around the house. A lab home not covered in hair? It's just not right.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts