Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Dog hairs - don't they just get everywhere! It's a shame i can't send Bradley to the hair dressers for short back & sides! :lol: 8O

Anyway, upon our return to the UK inext month, i will become the proud owner of a new dog hair busting machine, a hoover. (The one we have now is fine for small rooms but not for a house, especially not with Brad being so hairy!)

Anyone got any good tips for hoovers, i know Dyson used to do a 'pet' hoover, especially to deal with lots of hair..

How do you all get on?

Cheers

Julie

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I have the said Dyson pet hoover. I bought it not long after i got Bailey. The best purchase i have made - besides Bailey of course :wink:

The only thing i find with it is the embarrassment factor - i can't believe just how much it picks up every day!!! :oops:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hi Julie

I would highly recommend the animal dyson I bought mine 2 years ago and it took me about a year & a trip to the dyson stand at Crufts for a demo to work out how the turbo attachment worked for the stairs but now I know how to use it it's fab.
Would never go for another hoover again. Before this one I had the hoover pets but this wasn't a patch on the dyson.
Only drawback I suppose is seeing all the fur in that see through container, but it did answer my life long question of what happens to spiders when you hoover them up!

Michaela

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
We've got an older Dyson. Corbie's started to moult now and i was laying on the lounge floor with him and noticed the carpet had a dark brown haze to it :lol:

One hoover of that carpet filled the dyson 8O Boy, I'm surprised he's got any fur left :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
I think it must be their age Karen - Harvey is moulting a lot as well. Black hairs on a cream sofa 8O

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
I have Dyson too, not animal but brill nevertheless............wouldn't change it for anything.

Tilly is moulting for England too...Yellow fur on black sofa's... tish didn't think this through very well did we?
Rhoni

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi Julei & all...

I've read the previous post on hoovers and did realise "dyson" to be the popular one ...Infact its top on my shopping list lolz

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a dyson too, we dont have many carpets, but if you get the hard floor one it picks up everything on the wooden floors too. couldnt go back to a hoover when i see what it sucks up from the floor with with two of them. Also it has the hepa filter so its good for allergies.

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
I have a Dyson Animal and it does the job perfectly out carpets are really thick as well and it manages to get all of hersheys hair up and also on the laminat efloor as well

I recommend the Dyson Animal... :D

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Hello Julie

I have a Dyson animal and in my opinion you just can't beat them.

How I ever managed before I got it I will never know :roll:

The only thing I don't have at the moment is one of those gizmos for hoovering the dog :lol: Sad I know but I bet you they are cool 8)

I dread the day coming when it needs to be repaired :( Anyone any ideas.

Colette (Brighteye)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi Julie
i also have the I have a Dyson animal and in my opinion you just can't beat them.
and with 3 labradors it does make short work of all those dog hairs and yes all 3 of them are shedding hairs like there no tomorrow lol

·
Registered
353 Posts
I had a dyson that was great for aout 2 years. When I first got it, the suction was so good that I found it difficult to push along!

2 years down the line and the suction is now rubbish. I have replaced the filters and cleaned out any blockages. I am disappointed after spending quite a lot of money.

The next vacuum I bought is a Morphy Richards Ultralight. It is about a third of the price of a dyson and came with a Turbo brush and is really light to carry around. It does not seem as robust as the dyson but at that price, who cares.

The only problem I have is that it is so light that sometimes when i use the hose stretched out, it can topple over. I have had a few whacks on the arm and back and head from it - I'm sure it is possessed :twisted:

·
Registered
669 Posts
I would swear by the LG Bagless cyclinda vacuum cleaner. There one around about £130. Its value for money and has a higher suction power than Dyson though does lose a bit of suction when the filter gets full. It does have HEPA filtration too. A lot cheaper than Dyson!

I have also recently purchased the PET VAX that is a two in one Wet / Dry Cleaner & Carpet Washer. It washes carpets fantastically and has a special turbo pet brush for pet hairs. In hindsight I could have just bought this alone but on the downside it is bagged. But good value for money and saves on getting the carpet cleaners in!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Our dyson recently broke - and we seeing as we dont have many carpets in the house - we went for a smaller one called the Allergy IQ which is for pets. It has no bag like the dyson, has a HEPA filter, and has a brilliant turbo head which is great on the carpets, sofas and even the car! It was only £90 whic his far cheaper than a Dyson.

·
Registered
125 Posts
We have a Dyson too, not the pet hair version, because we got it a couple of years ago just before they came out. We have all wooden/tiled floors downstairs and only carpets upstairs. It seems to do the trick wonderfully. Only thing is that Barney likes to play chase with the cleaner when you're doing the floor. He reverses around the house growling. Quite funny to watch. He has let us actually give him a brush with the fabric fitment which did bring off lots of the loose fur.

I'm sure that fur coats are going out of fashion for dogs at the moment because we seem to have a good thick layer on the floor every day! :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts