Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really want to do a short break down to Devon In October time.
Would really like to take the dogs but realistic that it might be easier with just one or two of the three.
We have friends down that way but no one with space for us plus dogs.

Torbay area ideally. But only areas around there considered. Coast beginning within each reach please.

Any suggestion?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Sam did you want to take all 3 dogs hunny let me know as I live in Torbay are you looking for bed and breakfast or a cottage etc xx

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cottage would be better with three dogs but if we only took one then a b&b might work if they allowed him to sleep in the room with us.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
A friend of mine recommended Flete estates to us. She goes every year and raves about the cottages and the estates location. They have a website, all the cottages are near the beach and some are right on it. I phoned them about a short break last year but unfortunately there wasn't availability. The owner was really helpful and friendly.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone have any further recommendations. On a budget to although the place above looks fantastic its too much :( probably oct/nov time

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks fab and I remember seeing them on tv! Lol

Will bookmark it for a longer holiday as its a minimum 7 nights and we were hoping for a long weekend. But thank you. And I love that they don't charge extra for dogs!

·
Registered
124 Posts
We stayed in a place called Fordbrook Cottage in Brixton Torr nr Plymouth which, not in Torbay is in close proximity to the main A road and easily accessible by car. There are lots of dog friendly beaches in close proximity and the cottage itself is gorgeous! The owners live next door and have a plant nursery and farm (lovely fresh eggs for sale too). They were very accommodating for our two dogs and had baskets and bowls supplied. There is no garden unfortunately (nice decking area) but there is an enclosed field opposite where we walked Zakk so this wasn't a problem for a long weekend. Here's the link
http://www.cottages4you.co.uk/cottages/fordbrook-cottage-18811?adult=2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts