Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To any of those living in Devon, we are going down for a week's family holiday with the dogs also in tow. :D

So that I don't commit any serious faux pas, can anyone please advise where the best dog friendly beaches are, on both the north and the south coasts? Whilst we plan on exploring Exmoor a bit, we also will spend some time at the beach. :D

We are going to be near Tiverton, which is not too far north of Exeter. :D

I just need to have some idea which beaches dogs are allowed onto at this time of year, as August is one of the main months when all restrictions seem to apply.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Been having a quick look at those.

Must say that I have been thinking a little about the tick issue, as it is a hotspot and they can transmit Lyme Disease. The dogs were frontlined fairly recently, and do take garlic every day, but I shall be taking my tick hook just in case, and will find out about local vets just in case I encounter a problem.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Helen, I know around here, our local council website lists all the beaches with the relevant restrictions (or not) on where dogs can go and when it applies.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I think half of Woolacombe Bay, North Devon (near Barnstaple) is dog friendly all year (pretty sure it's the left hand side. And I think the same may also apply for Widemouth Bay, although not totally sure on this one, also on the North Coast (near Bude, probably a bit far from you as almost Cornwall!). South Coast I haven't a clue as even thought it's closer I normally go to the North Coast.

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
If you go to North Devon you have to go to Saunton Sands :D

Its 3 miles long, so plenty of room :lol:

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. :D

I will be looking into all of that, and making myself a list tomorrow. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts