Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

We're thinking of getting one of these for Bradley, as we do alot of walking and Brad could carry all his poo bags and water. :wink:

Has anyone got one of these for their lab?

Are they good?

You can get them from this company:

http://www.doghaus.co.uk/backpacks.htm (who have a fantastic range of goods)

Would be good to hear from anyone who has one...

Thx alot

Julie

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hi Julie

I bought a backpack for Ollie very similar to these as I was fed up of carrying around poop scoops, bags, paw wax etc etc. When I emptied my handbag most of my things were for Ollie rather than me so I thought I'd get him a backpack for his own things.

I managed to find one in Italy one holiday, you want to see a genuine look of horror on a lab, then buy a backpack honestly I've never seen Ollie run off so fast when I got it out of the suitcase to show him. Trying to get it on him was really funny, he was having none of it, he hated wearing a coat so what made me think he would like one of these I do not know!
Needless to say it never really worked for me & Ollie it was put with the other useless gadgets I'd bought for Ollie over the years and I bought a larger handbag for his stuff!

But who knows maybe Bradley will like wearing one but I'd like to know how they get the models to wear them!
Good luck!!!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Michaela,

Thanks for this info - we have wondered whether or not Brad would wear it, those models in the pictures look very relaxed about it don't they, their owners must be standing by with a massive bag of treats!!

I managed to find one in Italy one holiday, you want to see a genuine look of horror on a lab, then buy a backpack honestly I've never seen Ollie run off so fast when I got it out of the suitcase to show him
LOL - Bless Ollie - i can just imagine this! Brad might be tempted to wear it if i put some 'edible' things in it - he'll probably find a way of getting them out though, even when they are strapped to his back! 8O :D

Bye for now,

Julie

·
Registered
880 Posts
buy one from somewhere with a good returns policy so you can return it if he doesnt like it, but when you put it on let him have a good look first and when you put it on use treats as lures and don't hold it right infront of his eyes, they think its coming to smother them or something.
Anna

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
lol they look cute

i cant imagine rosze or brandy wearing one though as they would probably try to chew it off..

if you manage to get bradly to wear one make sure you fill the pockets evenly and with not to many heavy items..LOL.. or poor bradly will feel off balance.. get a pic of him wearing it ..LOL..

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
I think Corbie will be getting his own back-pack for when we go hiking, as Graeme and I have our own filled up and I have enough trouble just carrying my things :lol:

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
They are a good idea, there is a dog at the bottom of our road who has one for when the owners take him for long walks. He carrys his own light water bowl (not the water!) a towel, poop bags, and other bits and pieces.
It doesn't seem to bother him at all, infact he looks really good in it..lol

They do take it of now and then so he doesn't get to hot wearing it though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts