Labradors Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though I am getting a bit fed up with all the snow now, Oscar really cannot get enough of it.

He understands the word 'snow' now, and whenever it starts again, all we have to do is tell him and he is straight to the back door to be let out in it.

I think fresh snow is his favourite, as if it's snowed over night and is all soft and fresh in the garden, when we let him out he rolls over and over in it.

He's out there now, gradually getting whiter and whiter, and having the time of his life.

Are your labs the same, or are they like my cats and watching it from inside a warm house out the window is about as adventurous as they get :lol:

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Corbie loves it and so do I (last big snowfall I'd seen when I was on the south coast was way back in 1987!) - and luckily up here in Scotland we get a lot of it. He first went in the snow when he was 6 weeks old, the week before we picked him up and he's seen lots since.

I took him for a walk late yesterday afternoon to one of the local hills and the snow was 4+ inches deep and I let him off the lead for 5 minutes and he was running about in it and having so much fun (it's good because there is never anyone else about). He didn't want to get back in the car afterwards!
:lol:

Next winter I'll be taking him sledging!! :lol:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi, Poppy doesn't like walking on lead when it's snowing, she tries to walk behind me to avoid the snow falling on her face, but as soon as she's off lead she loves it. Goes all scatty and runs along wiping her face in it and rolling about.

Rosie

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
yep. found out this morning ive got a snow baby :lol: max has seen snow before and knows the word for it but this is the first time it has laid in the garden. i opened the door, ears went puppy mode tail started wagging and he just dived straight into it. the next thing i saw was a black flash flying past with nose on the ground like a snow plough! :D the only problem was when he wanted to share it. one soaking wet lab with a mouthfull of snow launching him self at me :shock: im sure you get the picture!

jane and max

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aww.. bless them

I love it when Oscar gets a bit exciteable and runs round in the snow

Apart from the snow, another thing that starts him off on a funny five minutes is perfume or aftershave.

We went round to my in-laws the other day who had guests round, and the lady guest had very very strong smelling perfume on. You could smell it as soon as we walked into the house and it sent him wild! Rather than polite introductions, Oscar flew into the lounge and was running round and round in circles with me still attached to the other end of the lead :lol:

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
oscarchops said:
Apart from the snow, another thing that starts him off on a funny five minutes is perfume or aftershave.
Shadow is another one who loves the smell of perfume. When my wife comes downstairs with a new perfume on he has to have a good sniff and loves it. Not bothered by my aftershave tho - maybe I should stop using the fly spray :wink:

He loves the snow, especially chasing snowballs. Poor boy, he can't work out what happens to them when they disintegrate :lol:

Cheers
Paul.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
You lucky lot! I live on the Isle of Wight and we have not seen snow for over a year now! So my lab benson who is 6 months has not had the chance to romp in the snow yet. But we do have lots of lovely beaches and he loves to swim in the sea so that kind of makes up for it :)

cristina

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've just come in from a walk in the snow with Molly ... me, I can't feel anything, but Molly is already at the backdoor wanting more!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
not had much snow in Portsmouth but the few times we had a little snow fall Cookie was out in the garden running around like mad after the initial "whats this falling from the sky" Sadly the snow never stuck so i don't know whether cookie likes it but I would imagine she would as she loves hailstone sends her loopy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi everyone!

Just been reading about our babies and the snoe and perfume. Rufus loves the snow and licks it all up.

Perfume and aftershave is his fav as Steve (my hubby to be!!) always sneezes after putting aftershave on and Ruf goes crazy and licks him to make sure he is ok. :lol:

·
Registered
66 Posts
We had lots of snow for a couple of hours this morning and Mitzie loved it! She came round the corner on her usual walk and spotted her first snowman and she went mad - barking like crazy and refusing to go near it until I did. She was so sweet, she sort of scoots along with her mouth in the snow and she also loves cracking the ice on puddles and eating it! :x She can't get enough of this cold weather.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi all

We had our heaviest snow fall in Cambridge this morning and whilst he didn't seem overly excited, Smudge did go straight out into the garden and do his business as usual! I'm just glad he wasn't fazed by it and it didn't prevent him from being a 'clean boy' if you know what I mean! Can't be very nice to have to go to the toilet outside like that in the cold! lol! Mind you, he prefers to be cool rather than warm so I guess he probably is ok with it!

The snow has completely melted now so no chance to go out in it at the weekend!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Scooby loves snow and ice even more.

A couple of days ago he was running around with his bum tucked under, chasing the bits of snow that rolled in front of him.

He then starts to leap up and body-slam me :lol: . Next Winter I will be knocked over by him, I'm sure.

I made him some snow balls to chew. He loves chewing up ice from the puddles and tries to bring them in the house and dash around the kitchen floor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts