Labradors Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi....

At first i admired the fact that Frodo does not bark.... Yes he just does not bark...not that he's mute coz he did bark just 3-4 times in the past 2 months he'z been with us but we discouraged his barking by saying "Frodo NO"....

Well we did not want to him to be another barking dog....Most dogs out here just go "Bark Bark".....

But now i've people sayings its unhealthy and abnormal for a dog not to bark....I'm in such a dilema and totally clueless....

well Frodo talks with his eyes and has gestures... i know when he;z hungry when he wants to play... I'm just so confused ...... :(

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
hi frodosmum,frodo will bark when he's ready he is still only a baby,dylan's bark is very loud and can wake the street up,so dont worry he will do it when he's ready, unless someone knows better.Lynne + dylan.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi lynne,
totally agree :lol: they bark when they are ready. and once they start you then have the job of teaching them to be quiet :razz:

frodosmum.... as lynne says he is still very young and as long as you are reading the signs he gives then you have no problem.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Harvey took a while to find his voice also .. now, at 6 months, he has become quite fond of it! :roll:

Some Labs though never bark much at all .. not a fault, just the way they are .. just like some people never stop talking whereas others are more reserved I suppose ... like the saying goes " a dog has lots of friends because it wags its tail instead of its tongue!" :wink:

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Shadow is definitely NOT a barker. If someone knocks on the door, he will rush to the door and dance about, but not make a peep. He only barks if he gets really excited about going out. A shame because Liz is at home most nights on her own as I work night shift, so a good deep lab bark after a door knock would be quite handy to intimidate anyone.

G

·
I am sure Frodo will find his bark sooner or later. I got Corrie when he was 7 months old and he was very quiet but not for long. He soon found his bark big time lol!!

However, it can be a bit annoying at times because he will go out in the garden, lie down on the lawn and just start barking!!! I have great neighbours though - they all say its lovely to know that there is a dog about and they never complain if he barks.

One night though when my sister and I lived together, we had all gone to bed (Corrie slept on the landing in those days) then all of a sudden about 2am Corrie started barking his head off, he had gone downstairs and was in the hall. I called him and called him and he wouldn't come back upstairs and there was no way he would stop barking (it was a very distinctive bark which I will never forget)!. I leapt out of bed and went downstairs, grabbed his collar and brought him back upstairs then went back to bed.

When I got up for work at 7am I went into the kitchen to discover the back door broken open and my briefcase, coats and other stuff nicked off the kitchen table. We had been burgled whilst we were sleeping :(, very scarey. Ever since then Corrie has had full run of the house.

Have you ever noticed that your Labs have several different barks each? Corrie has about three.

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hi rosze is 7mths and very rarley does she bark infact the one time she did we nearly dropped our tea as she just done it to brandy..lol..she doesnt bark outside or when someone calls infact the only time she will bark is if brandy is ignoring her and doesnt want to play rosze will bark at her

brandy on the other hand barks when another dog goes past the garden or our doorbell chimes or a strange comes in the garden as does charlie

so im persuming give rosze a few more months and she will be copying the other 2 dogs maybe????

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone...I can sleep at peace.... :)

Cozwaz i have heard that dogs have diff barks its just that we don't understand doggish...

Claris its os lovely that rose has someone to look apon and learn just like human kids...

Thanks Paul for the "NOT" in caps...i sighed a relief....

Nigel, guess harvey and frodo are almost the same age....so guess he'll discover his voice soon 2...

Maxmum i'm laughing imaging the scene...imagining me starting a topic "does not STOp barking!!!!!!!!" lolz :lol:

Lynee thanks...btw can i feed him some choclates :wink: and lynee Frodo is 5 months a big boy i must say :p....

Good nite all....Once again Thanks

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Frodo still only a baby vidhya,wait till he gets like dylan 35kgs then you can say he's a biggggg boy,dylan been a really naughty boy while you have been away,very cheeky,lynne + dylan,

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lynee...Plzzzzzz i wanna hear dylan's naughty tales just start a topic on Mischiveous dylan....Wud really love to read and read and read....

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Cant do that vidhya as julie and labadmin will be throwing me off as there would be no room for anyone else to post ,dylan running around with duvet on his head now playing hide and seek,lynne and dylan,

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi lynee... they'd throw me out 2 lolzz.... Its nice to know Dylan's being himself now :wink: after visiting the vet..... have a nice day u2....

Vidhya n Frodo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts