Labradors Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :D
Its renewal time and i've come across Greenbee insurance.
The police looks good but to be honest we were 'tricked' into our last insurer ( £150 excess). I just want to make sure i have the right type of insurance. :wink:
Does anyone have any dealings with them? Are they any good?
i've included a policy briefing

Your Greenbee Pet Insurance policy:

•covers your pet for up to £7,000 per policy year for vet's fees, with no limit on the number of claims
•helps recover your pet if it's lost or stolen with up to £1,000 advertising costs & up to £1,000 for a reward fund
•will support you with third party liability up to £2,000,000
•where possible, we will pay the vet directly so you are not out of pocket
•includes a comprehensive pet care guide.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I've recently switched to Greenbee. It's underwritten by AXA and I believe them to be quite good.

I phoned Greenbee up to clarify that it's 7k per condition for life with no upper age limit, and they confirmed it is.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Moj said:
I phoned Greenbee up to clarify that it's 7k per condition for life with no upper age limit, and they confirmed it is.
Oh thats good news! :D
Does your vet allow greenbee to pay them directly? Thats one thing that concerns me. Money is very tight at the min after a very large garage bill. I know id find the money if Diesel needed treatment but its one thing off my mind if they do. :wink:

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I've never needed to claim anything for the dog, so I don't know if my vet would deal direct with the insurance company or not. I did like the fact that Greenbee said on their bumph that they would pay the vet direct though.

I think each vet practice is different. I'd like to hope that most would be willing to deal with the insurer direct, esp' in case of large bills.

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Not heard of them but just wanted to say that if Deisel has been treated under you present policy, Greenbee won`t cover you for that condition :)

As Moj said Axa are good underwriters, they did for M&S when they first went in to pet insurance, many of us took out policies but as you`ve found, the goal posts got moved after the first policy ran out.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Were very lucky hes had no real health problems.
Weve had a few split pads and an ear infections thats all apart from routine injections / boosters. :D

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Kate I think you will find that the ear infections won;t be covered under the new policy....pre-exisiting condition....

From what you said you get £7,000 a year rather than condition which is much better - Neo, for example, gets £3,000 a year and so far I reckon on his food allergy problem I have spent/claimed getting on for £10,000 plus in total .....

How much are the premiums?

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The premium is £75. I thought it would be covered as its not a existing condition, it was a once off. Or does it not matter even if hes had it before? :?
If i remember rightly i don't think it cost me £75 for the antibiotics anyway :wink:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi Kate,

I just checked on the Defaqto site for you (Defaqto is an independent research company that reviews financial products) and Greenbee has 5 stars for it's dog insurance policy, so that's a good start.

I don't currently have Greenbee on my comparison site, but will try and get them added, if it's of any use you can compare other policies on my site (just click on the banner in my signature)

What's the excess for the Greenbee policy?

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh thanks Greg! Thats great news :D
The excess is £75.
I choose them because of the good reviews that i've read and there one of the few insurers that can pay directly to the vet. If anything happened to Diesel i've got piece of mind knowing i don't have to pay upfront and then claim in tank from an insurance company. :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes always good to see a policy getting a good ranking from Defaqto, I don't think many people know about their work so always like to try and let people know about that.

Thanks for letting me know about the excess, hope to have them on my comparison site before too long!

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Diesel09 said:
The premium is £75. I thought it would be covered as its not a existing condition, it was a once off. Or does it not matter even if hes had it before? :?
If i remember rightly i don't think it cost me £75 for the antibiotics anyway :wink:
If a dog has suffered from an ear infection before then I would imagine all ear infections would be excluded from a new policy unfortunately, even if a new infection was some time apart from and not related to the first one.

I suspect insurance companies will try to wriggle out of paying whenever they can. Sorry, wearing my cynical head.

·
Registered
136 Posts
AngelaC said:
If a dog has suffered from an ear infection before then I would imagine all ear infections would be excluded from a new policy unfortunately, even if a new infection was some time apart from and not related to the first one.
It's best to assume that's the case as you've said, then if they don't consider it an existing condition it's a bonus :)

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the help and info folks. :D
Im not going to worry too much about another ear infection. The vet bill rarely come to the cost of the excess :wink:
Thats the only thing hes ever been ill with apart from a few moans about cut pads but again the fee didn't amount to the excess :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts