Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my scooby is nearly five months old and he his the laziest dog i have seen he gets up on the bed chair or anything but when he gets off he gets his two front paws on the floor pauses for five mins then his back legs and body just flop to the floor so he lands on his belly he likes to jump and flop on my marble fireplace am sure he will hurt himself one day i have a new nickname for him lazy dog as well as sneaky dog :D

chelle and scooby x

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Chelle,

Yep I have a lazy dog too...lol If he goes to get up on the sofa he pauses with his 2 from feet on it but waits to see if anyone is going to lift him up before he finally does get up himself :roll: He does the same thing with the bed, sliding his back paws down the side as if to say "oh I can't manage it".... :lol: I'm beginning to wonder if he is lazy or just very clever..lol

He also just crashes on to the floor normally right in a doorway, sometimes banging the door hard against the frame or so that you have to step over him :roll: .... :lol:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Cristina

Gald to hear its not only mine have had other dogs(diff breeds) and they have never done it it is quite funny the way he does it and the way he looks at you especially when he does things like that as if to say i am getting old please carry me :p

chelle

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
max does the chair thing. front paws on the floor and then after looking pleadingly at me for a couple of mins slides the back legs down :lol:
think they all have this thing about blocking door ways :roll:

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Chelle,

I love Bens eyebrows they seem to be able to move in all directions with expressions that make us laugh. I wouldn't mind be if he is this lazy at 9 months god know what he will be like when he is older.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think mine is 5 months going on 10yrs at times but he his very sneaky to with it and i agree about blocking doors off my toilet is downstairs and everytime i go he tries to get the handle to go down or plonks his body down so i have to bribe him to move so i can get out and if i dont play with him he prances around barks at me then bites my bum to make me move labs seem to have some of the funniest traits you have to laugh at them

chelle

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Hi Chelle, another Lazy Lab here with Shadow - he'll put his chin on the sofa then one paw - i used to think it was to see if anyone would object, but having read this thread, i'm not so sure! He also slithers off like a snake, thumping onto the floorboards.
Agree Critina about Lab eyebrows - how can so much be conveyed by some eyebrows - and thats before you look at their eyes and mouth! :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi :)

I've got a very lazy one!! He does the front legs off the sofa then stops for a rest :lol:

When he's in the car, I have to drag him out!! He plods around and at 8pm thats him until 7am. Plus all the naps in the day!!

He does have a mad 5 minutes every now and again though - but I wouldnt change him for the world :D

Fay

·
Registered
676 Posts
hmm! Whilst Holly is definitely full of energy most times, getting her out for a pee at night is so difficult. It takes a lot of persuading to get her up at all and then when she does get to back door, she just slumps down and looks at you as if to say but its soo cold mum....Ive even caught hubby carrying her a few times 8O

Shelley

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wouldnt mind seeing a pic of hubby carrying dog that would be funny at least now i no i am not the only one with a lazy dog and i have had to carry mine about a few times ....lol scooby has just started to learn to groan when he hears the postman and someone coming through the gate which is quite funny as he groans it looks more like dont dome in here please cause i might have to lick you to death lol
he his also frightened of his own shadow which is funny

chelle and scooby

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Harvey quite often lies back down on the grass at night when we put him out at night :lol:

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Well frodo is basically NOT lazy but the problem is he cannot play by himself... so if he does not get our attention then he just lazes and sleeps :wink: ...I'd disappear in thin air if i have to play with him 24/7...

So he joins Harvey's league sleeping and lazing out till someone decides to play with him....

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Chelle,

Another member to join the 'lazy club for labs' here, with Braddie Boy!

Once out on walks he's great and loves to run around - however he loves to sleep, sleep & oh, sleep! Must be all the fresh air! Sometimes he can't make his mind whether or not to get of the sofa, so just dangles his front legs off for about 10 mins, until he can be bothered to get up!

Well frodo is basically NOT lazy but the problem is he cannot play by himself... so if he does not get our attention then he just lazes and sleeps ...I'd disappear in thin air if i have to play with him 24/7...

So he joins Harvey's league sleeping and lazing out till someone decides to play with him....
Vidhya - Brad also only tends to play when we 'play' with him....he'll then get his whole toy box, empty all the contents out and start running around with the box itself! If you're playing with him, and you have a toy that's his - he hates you 'playing' with it and wants it back! lol.

He's asleep at the moment...i'm not grumbling though...is lovely to have peace and quiet! hehehe - only joking Brad. :D

All the best

Julie

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Buster does spend more time asleep than awake,but makes up for it when he wakes up .He falls asleep on the settee then half jumps/falls off and lands on the floor like a sack of spuds lol

He plays quite a lot both with people or by himself with a ball or clump of mud etc lol

Kev

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i wished scooby slept most of the time he plays for ages and when he does go to sleep think oh great can tidy up but soon as i move he follows the only time he has a long nap if i sit in the chair for hours........lol he his like a toddler frightened of missing something. i would love to come back as a lab the other day saw a test on the net what sort of dog would you be answered the questions turns out i would be a collie lol :D

chelle and wish scooby would go to sleep for a while lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts