Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had another look at the renewal letter for our insurance the other day. It asks you to check if the info is correct and one of the questions is whether you take part in any working or leisure activities with your dog (this question wasn't in the original application).

I haven't said yes to this one as I think they would use it as an excuse to put the premium up or exclude various injuries and ailments. I hope it doesn't come back to bite me!

It did make me wonder what counts as a leisure activity though - walking, swimming, fetching balls, playing with other dogs?

Does anyone have any experience of the consequences of telling/not telling?

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I have no idea Pam, but would be very careful if Coco does get an injury in the future and the vet questions you about what Coco had been doing when it happened.

The reason I say this is when Mischa tore her cruciate recently my vet did ask lots of questions to try and pin point what she had been up to prior to her limp, you know what its like you go through the whole of your daily routines and play etc, so maybe keep it in mind, but I am sure it won't be necessary to even give it any concern other than maybe not telling the vet you do flyball or similar activities :wink: .

June

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I know we have to tell them if we take her away using a pet passport. They haven't asked any other questions but I would rather pay a bit more than give them an excuse to not pay.

Mandy

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My vet already knows we do flyball and agility, he's seen us at shows and has investigated Coco's reluctance to perform. I just hope he didn't document it.

I think a flyball injury would be "landed badly after chasing a ball". I just thought it odd that the question was not in the original set of questions when I first took the policy out.

She is also not spayed (despite them paying for her pyometra spay) and "not chipped" even though I am sure I have told them otherwise.

?

·
0 Posts
When I had Pet Insurance, I didn't tell them about anything I felt would give them an excuse to push my premiums up even higher. I dread to think how much they would have charged me if they'd known Mojo jumped through hoops of fire most weekends, as part of a display team. :roll:

I would presume if you had to have a claim due to a Leisure Activity related injury, you'd just have to use your imagination when telling the vet how it happened and take up Creative Writing on the Ins Co's form :wink: ....Or not claim for that particular injury.

Just be careful what you divulge on here though, as eyes are everywhere :|

1 - 5 of 5 Posts