Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone take their labrador to dog shows?

If not, is it something you have thought about doing?

If anyone has, i would love to hear about it. :animaldog:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi, Bradleysmum no my two labradors are working dogs around the farm and also [email protected] have the time to show them
i have seen a Show dog called SAM he is a beautiful dog and he has won Yorkshire championship and hopefully will be shown at Cruffs nest year
:p :p :p :p :p

·
Registered
43 Posts
I attend/compete in the Obedience ring & agility trials. The last 2 weekends of this month I have Hunter entered in AKC obed. trials. She/we are going for her Utility Dog title. Hopefully(paws crossed) she can qualify 3 times out of 4 trials and get her UD.I also have her entered in Open B and a non regular class called Versatility. In this class they put slips of paper in a hat with all the exercises from Novice, then Open, & then Utility and the handler picks 2 slips out for each level. These are the 6 exercises you & your dog do. Each handler picks for that team. So each dog/handler team does a diferent mix of exercises. It is something different & interesting to watch. 8)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I compete in dog shows, just about every weekend right now, though I will be cutting back until spring. We compete in conformation, obedience, field and agility.

·
Registered
147 Posts
dogs shows

hi everyone i do not take my labs to any dog shows but have been to crufts for the last 5 years our black lab libbys dad is a show dog called hafnau cyffin and has done well on the show ring we have seen him at crufts for the last 4 years also our breeder of our girls was at crufts this year with two of her dogs but did no good if you can get to crufts on gundog day it is wonderfull i am lucky that i live about three miles from the nec were crufts is held

·
Registered
124 Posts
I went to the Guide Dogs open day this year and it was lots of fun.
You get to see the highly trained dogs in action and also see all the little newborn pups!
Yasmin has not been in a show (as far as i know!). I think she would get too excited with all the attention to be in a show! :lol:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to the Guide Dogs open day this year and it was lots of fun.
You get to see the highly trained dogs in action and also see all the little newborn pups!
Hello rubber_soul,

Sounds like a great day out to me...you got any photos? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts