Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Is it true that our pups will choose who is there master out of you and your partner?

I thought it was my partner as she never listens to me and will always bite me and never him, but over the weekend she will winge if i go out of the room and also when I am in the kitchen busy she will bark at me as if to say "oi im down here, give me some attention"lol

Strange lol

Laura x

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hi laura...

lol..rosze is confused i think..lol..she whines and barks for me if i go out of her sight (unless she knows everyone is going out) she does this till hubby lets her come to were ever i am...
but when we go the beach and she is off lead i get ignored.. hubby shouts her and she comes running back..lol..she just looks at me...8 out of 10 it will be hubby she comes back to..

brandy on the other hand is fine with both me and hubby so im not sure if they pick a master but in a way they must as its like who is pack leader..
ooo im not sure..lol..

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
I've found that as I always take Corbie for his walks, that he will walk nicely for me, but when my partner took him out the other day he said that Corbie was always pulling!

As I'm at home all day with Corbie, I train him and when other people come over he tries it on with them. So I think they know who's boss and who isn't! :lol: I don't think Corbie thinks too differently between me and my other half, he nevers whinges if one of us leaves the room! Charming :lol:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think my little Jess must be confused to, must be who she like that day lol

Taking her for her last injection tomorrow morning, so sounds like alot of my fun is just about to begin, HELLO WORLD HE WE COME lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
I get the same with Molly as Karen does!.
she walks fantastically with me,no pulling (well hardly any). sits nicely

If my girlfriend takes her, all I get is complaints about how much she was pulling!...usually walking on her back legs only.....

seems strange, I think it's possibly because she is too soft on Molly...I will pull back on the lead sharply once if the pulling becomes bad....now all I need to do is stop walking, and Molly will sit straight down, then walk nicely with me...(I don't mean to condone force, it wasn't a very hard pull...honest!)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol Jibber i beleive you!!!

I know what your saying though, my partner says i am to soft on Jess thats why she is always biting me and miss behaving with me coz she knows she will get away with, but she has a cute little face, i just cant tell her off lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
we have exactly that, Molly won't jump with her front feet on me while I'm on the sofa, but often will with Kelly...
if on the rare occasion she does I push her off with a stern OFF!...
Kelly will ask her to get off, and Molly does, usually on the third ask :)

(realised I sound like some sort of tyrant!...I'm a believer in being constant, and the dog will be happier, she seems perfectly happy with her place!....)

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have the same problem with mine. They know who will let them get away with things and who wont.

I had my two before I got married and my husband wasn't a great fan of dogs (wrong woman to marry with two!! :lol: ) I trained them, I disciplined them, walked them, fed them. He came along and suddenly he was the boss. They walk on and off the leads like angels with him and still not with me. They listen first time when tells them to do something. With me its second time round they listen but they know who to ask for food and loves.

I think it is the case I am too soft and let them do things he doesnt. I think they have me wrapped around their little paws! :wink:

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Oh amanda....I'm in the same boat as yours....beinh at home i'm the one who does everything for Frodo..I train him, give him his love, spend time with him....Yes he Love me BUT does not like it when i'm strict with him... HE DOES NOT ACCEPT ME AS HIS MASTER..

LOLZ his trainer told my family...thats Frodo thinks i'm his toy 8O .... :roll: whatever i love him....

But yes he;s very OBEDIENT with my hubby and mother-in-law....and a complete BRAT with me,,,, Thought must say hez my SHADOW... He follows me everywhere....

Master or slave i'll love him
Vidhya

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi jane....

Thats indeed good.... very very clear....hows max doing still chasing bumble bees....

Regards
Vidhya

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Laura

Our household is exactly the same. It's me that Smudge plays with and tries to playbite etc but if Chris tells him 'no' then he really takes notice! I also have the same thing about if I leave the room. If I go upstairs, he sits at the bottom and whines for me until I come down. And it's me he seems to cuddle up to most.

I take him for his walks so I'm not sure what he would be like with Chris if he took him out! He still pulls with me! The only time he didn't pull was when Chris' young cousin took him out - did he know somehow that she wasn't quite as strong?

All the best,
Nicola.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts