Labradors Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask because when Tarka steals something, (this morning it was a duster) I really tell him off and being a very sensitive little soul he HATES this.

So I would have thought that he wouldnt steal anything ever again. But tomorrow it will be a J cloth or something. Is this because he has forgotton that last time he did this he was told off and didnt like it?? Or is there such a thing as a masochistic dog???

G

·
Oh they remember alright. :wink:

It's just the pleasure they get from stealing the object is greater than the fear of telling off, even if they don't like it.

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Pat - they know and they remember its just that the pleasure of stealing the article or the pleasure of having the article(s) is worth the price that they KNOW they will pay...

Sam knew he wasn't allowed chocolate, wasn't allowed upstairs but oh boy when there was christmas chocolate hidden in the wardrobes - he would go upstairs, break in and gorge himself...

He KNEW it was wrong, but the telling off was worth the prize!!!!

I think my favourite time was when he locked himself in my bedroom and I went in to utter carnage - and Sam with Terry's chocolate orange all around his mouth - he had consumed three... but the look on his face was priceless, it was so clearly "I know you're going to yell so just yell 'cos it was worth it... yummy"

And yes that WAS three whole Terry's chocolate oranges - and no he was not ill - at all not one little bit!!!!

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Basil always remembers exactly where he finds treasure....and oges and checks the same bushes next time he's on that walk - even if it's weeks later :lol:
Tarkas just choosing to make a good game of the artful dodger :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts