Labradors Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason I ask this is because Treacle has been spayed, however these last few days a few male dogs have humped her on our walks and Bovril has started to get a bit frisky with her aswell.

She would be due in season around now if she hadn't of been spayed so was just wondering if she is still giving off a scent to attract the dogs. I didn't think she would still attract attention but maybe I was wrong?

Thanks

Kim

·
Registered
874 Posts
I had a cat that attracted a lot of followers after she had supposedly been fixed - the vets thought that a tiny fraction of ovary might have been missed, enough to change her scent and make the boys notice her.

They gave her an injection and said that she might need them on a regular basis, but she only had the one and it fixed the problem.

Maybe you could ask your vet for an opinion and whether they have anything which could reduce the interest factor?

Liz + Jed

·
Administrator
21,512 Posts
Oh yes! Occasionally a bitch well give of a slight "Season" scent after spaying. My Beth was one, but she was such a flirt that having the boys follow her for the rest of her life was her idea of heaven!

Regards, John

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Luna certainly attracted her young 2year old male black lab friend in a more than friendly way when they got together a couple of months after she was spayed. He never humped her on subsequent meetings so I've always wondered.... !

·
Registered
794 Posts
Megs been spayed since march and i can guarantee if we come across an amourous chappy megs gonna get humped, she has learnt to swizzle round realy fast and knock em off balance! i do get a fair ammount of ppl say is she not spayed!? like its my fault but then again i do get a lot of apologys it depends what ppl are like but all i can say is she must smell gawgus!
Ment to say we did go thru a phaze where as soon as they got a bit fruity it frit her and she would bolt into a nearby bush and not come out till lover boy had gone :roll:
but it is gettin less and less frequent now so either we r not running into too many amourous dogs or her smells fading who knows

·
Administrator
21,512 Posts
but it is gettin less and less frequent now so either we r not running into too many amourous dogs or her smells fading who knows
It never faded with Beth, but then, she never stopped fluttering her eye lashes either! :lol:

John :wink:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. She is a bit of a flirt but think that is all she has known being an ex-breeding bitch. Will see what she is like in a few weeks and see if it is still happening. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Jayda got 'humped' the other day (she is speyed) and the owner did nothing about it!! I had to drag his big dog off her all on my own. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts