Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

ok rosze my 7 month old choccy has now put her mark on our garden and its a huge one, a lovely huge big hole every time i catch her digging in it i do shout her name and tell her NO but as soon as my back is turned soil is getting thrown up in the sky and away she goes again i brush all the soil back up back into the hole but as soon as no-one is watching she is digging again what can i do to stop this?? i dont mind the digging but with my young children playing out in the garden now its dangerous for them they run on the grass and without looking they will end up in the hole..my other labs have never dug this bad..lol..brandy just stares at her while rosze is digging deeper...please help before she leaves me for australia..lol. i have thought about covering the hole but i have seen her looking and scratching at the ground elsewere so i know she will dig another one somewere else :(:(
will she stop this digging? she never had a agrden in her old home so maybe hopefully im praying its just new to her???

please any advice?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi,
If you have the room in your garden, how about giving her her own spot to dig in? You can encourage her to use it by hiding biscuits and toys there.

Rosie

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

I think that some labs are diggers and some are not! My lab ben likes to dig so we make a smallish sand pit at the bottom of the garden just for him to dig in. He loves it and uses it a lot, best thing is you can just fill the holes in and its ready to be dug in again! :lol:

Cristina

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replys :) ill have to think about letting her have her own digging space..lol..

also can anyone see my pic?? all i see is a red cross? why is this

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes i have it was working earlier on but now its not :( im thinking maybe its my comp we are having real probs with it at the moment :(

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Any picture you want to apply as an avatar has to be down sized to the size show in the avatar control panel, Height 80 pixels, width 80 pixels and no more than 10kb. Then when down sized you should be able to upload it and it will be shown where the red cross is in your profile. I down sized mine using my scanner (using picture files on my computer) to down size the image.HTH :D

Cristina

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i know karen done all that for me and it has been working since i put it on about 3 days ago but in the last 1hr its gone :(..lol..

*bangs comp*..lol

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
All you can do is try and up load it again! Other than that I have no idea! I will have to keep a look out on your posting to see if you have got it working again! :lol: Best of luck

Cristina

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
I have'nt managed to work out how to get a picture to show on posting either! Let me know if you manage to get it working.

Cristina

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I have'nt managed to work out how to get a picture to show on posting either! Let me know if you manage to get it working
Hi Cristina,

Having photo probs hey! The folling explains how to add a pic to a post. It works pretty much the same way for your sig pic also, just make sure you get the right size pics. If you get any probs let me know ok, will try and get back to you asap. Julie

To attach a photo to a thread, firstly you need to upload the photo into the galleries . This link explains how:

http://www.labradorforums.co.uk/ftopict-2-photo.html

When the photo has been uploaded, you then need highlight the photo, right click and select properties.

After, highlight the middle link, will say 'address (URL)'. Make sure you highlight the whole line, it will finish with 'jpg'.

Now you need to right click again (when highlighted) and click on copy.

After, go into this thread, where you want to place the photo, in your post.

Right click, and select 'paste'.

The photo link is now in your post. (or should be! LOL)

Highlight this link, and click on the button above which says 'IMG'

Preview to make sure it has gone in ok, and hopefully it will have!

Hope you can understand my instructions! Good luck

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol..thanks ill try that after i have read what you posted about 50 times till it sinks into my very thick skull..lol..

i manage to get my avater working again but not the pic i had up so i think it had something to do with the pic not being on ym comp no more? (my comp went down on friday and i lost everything pics favourites and all that )

anyway off to read what bradleysmubm posted ...lol

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Julie,

Thanks for the help, I've tried to put a link to the photo gallery for bens photos and it works when you preveiw the posting you have wrote but when i look at it in the posting submitted its not shown? Can other people see it and not you?
:?
Cristina

1 - 20 of 34 Posts