Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I may have mentioned before Cadbury has a girlfriend at doggy training, Jenny the Labradoodle. They are really fond of each other.

Well yesterday at agility Jenny found a ball, as she and her owner were coming out a gate and me and Cadbury were going in Jenny half-dropped/half-rolled the ball at Cadbury who immediately picked it up. I took it off him and rolled it back to Jenny.

Who instantly picked it up in her mouth and threw it at Cadbury. Yep, THREW it. Cadbury caught it with great enthusiasm.

By this point, both us owners are chuckling, quite clearly Jenny was trying to entice Cadbury to play by throwing him the ball.

I had never seen behaviour like it. It was so sweet. It must be love! :D

?

·
0 Posts
I think dogs are much more complex than we give them credit for at times. :wink: :D

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Awwww that's adorable :p Cadders is in love :D

Lucy will throw things in the air for herself sometimes, probably more to make a point to us that we're not playing with her lol

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Awww, how cute, CJ throws his at me but never known him to let another dog have his ball :lol:

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carley, maybe she needs to throw a ball to them :wink:

I think dogs are much more complex than we give them credit for at times.
I agree Jules, I think there is far more goes through their minds than we give them credit for.

Wizpop247, that made me laugh! :lol: :lol:

Jemima, I have a feeling that Jenny's feelings are stronger than Cadbury's. Oh he likes her alright and wants to play with her, but she just seems besotted with him - if you see what I mean. She must like older men, he is about 8 months her senior.

Mary, I very much doubt Cadbury would have given it back if I had not ordered him to drop! :lol:

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
That is sooo sweet. I do think that they have their special friends though. There is a gorgeous black lab Elliott that we meet on walks when I am off work (he's only out at midday).

We walk on a massive Rugby field and Millie can spot Elliott from about half a mile away and runs like the wind to get to him. Even when she's not seen him for months.

He's really not that bothered and spend most of the meeting trying to get to whatever treats I have with me :) But boy is she a happy girl when she bumps into Elliott.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aw, Jammy17, Elliot sounds lovely. Millie has a crush! :wink: I just love seeing dogs getting on well together when so often it seems to be so opposite.

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
Luna is ever so happy to give her ball to her (girl) friend lab x down the road! Lab x then drops the ball she has so Luna can pick that one up! It can go on a while and it's difficult to ensure we bring the right ball back. It sounds like Cadbury's labradoodle has found her ONE!

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Awww - how sweet is that!! :D

Yorkie has a lady he gets very excited over too - Ruby the 5yr old chocolate lab, they go crazy together and bum tuck in and out of the trees.

He doesn't love her enough to share his toys tho - that usually gets left somewhere in the middle of their run and I end up going to find it! :lol:

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So nice to hear about all our labs and their friends.

For the first time Cadbury and Jenny the Labradoodle, got to have a free run and play at the puppy playgroup held at my club. But poor Jenny pulled her foot and had to go back on lead. But before that she did get to do leapfrogs over Cadbury!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Rosie threw her ball at me last week and I was reminded of this thread! I was so astonished when she did it! She had some force too!! 8O

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Is Cadbury getting a permanent playmate Sophie?! Just looked at your avatar and saw Cad's details below it, then the and??????? How exciting!!!!

Love your new siggy pic!

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
oooooooh! An exciting thing to spot Mo! Well done!

Sophie .... ????!!!! :?

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
I have not known Charlie throw a ball to another dog, but he has flung one one of the ones on a rope at me before. Got me in the shins, and I had a nice shiny bruise to prove it too. :twisted: :lol:

He also used to bounce one around the hall at our obedience class, when he was supposed to be retrieving it. :roll: :oops: Thankfully, he seems to have stopped doing that now.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Having to giggle at Charlie and Rosie throwing their balls about - ouch, painful to get it in the shins!

And as for ????, you guys are waaaay too observant! And yes, if all goes to plan then a new pupster will be joining the family. Technically it will be my bruv's dog, but as he works I shall be official pup-sitter and that means Cadbury will have a new playmate. I'm getting all excited, including organising the puppy classes my bruv has to take it to so that I can come along and 'oooh' and 'aaah' over the other pups. Plus, when its old enough it will be at agility with me and Cadbury.

Now, since I like to torture you all, I'm going to keep one secret and not tell you what breed it will be :wink:

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Brothers are handy for extra dogs, aren' t they :wink:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts