Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today was the day that my wonderfull old GSD Dex, the best dog a girl could ever have...and the best mate and baby sitter to all the labs in my life ...went to the bridge.

He would have been 14 in November.

Too raw to go into detail of what happened but he was PTS this morning.

My heart is breaking, Phoebe and Rocco look so lost.

I know it wont always hurt like this...but boy is it hurting now.

Run free old man...love you with all my heart...Ive lost my soul mate

Dex 12.11.94 - 03.08.09

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
so sorry to hear of your lose, its so hard to let them go. Dex will remain forever in your heart,

run free Dex.xx

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about Dex and I know your heart is breaking :( massive (((((((((hugs)))))))))) for you

Run free Dex at the bridge, pain free, healthy and forever young :!:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
So sorry to hear this.

I lost my own dog last week but was also just remembering that my parents lost their GSD 3 years ago today.

Thinking of you.

Eileen

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
So sorry to hear about Dex, whatever the reason he`s out of pain now, you gave him the last act of love you could.

Run Free at the Bridge Dex

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
Having just suffered a devestating loss myself, I can completely feel what you are going through :( .

Its been 3 weeks for us, it will hurt a little less every week, but every now and then you will feel a huge lurch in your heart, their memories though will live on forever.

Run Free Dex...xxxx

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you all sooo much, it means the world to know that people care.

Havent slept much..... my son and I were up til stupid o clock talking about him and crying buckets...Josh was with him til the end..I have an amazing son!

Phoebe is so lost today....wouldnt get out of Dex's basket just looking up at me with the saddest lab eyes I have ever seen...puppy climbed in there with her and that made me cry more.

Natalie......thanks so much for your kind thoughts...I know you have been through it all recently.....at least I had the time with Dex...that was cruely taken away from you.

I know it has to get easier......just have to keep telling myself that.

Spent ages trying to decide what to do with his ashes when I get them back.....any ideas?

Tracey Phoebe and Rocco

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this

RIP Dex

I really feel for you all right now - I know just how devastated Neo was when we lost Sam - for weeks Neo had to physically be touching me literally all the time...they grieve and they miss their companion in their own way and adjust in time...

Like for us, it is just soo very hard

Eve Neo and Bramble

1 - 20 of 26 Posts