Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor Meg has been in the wars, she has ripped her dew claw by the looks. OH took her out to the beach day before yesterday and Lauren my daughter notced quite a bit of blood, when they got back I cleaned it and it stopped and thought nothing of it! until today back at same beach, just got there and noticed a little bit of red on the sand :(
She keeps licking at it so it is obviously giving her some jip! looks like I will have to make an appointment at vets don't want it to get infected!

Di xx

·
Registered
794 Posts
she is very brave as when they get ripped it can be extreemly painful, if really bad the vets may want to remove it else she may keep catchin and tearing it but hopefully its just nicked it and should heal well bless her
x x x

·
Registered
113 Posts
Our vet said that it is better just to get it clipped back rather than removing it.

Henry kept ripping his and he had it clipped right back and its been fine since and less painful for him.

Lots of healing vibes your way x

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thankyou for your replys, I keep trying to have a look to see if it her dew claw or the pad but she is not being very hepful 8)
She is not limping or anything, and ran after her ball on the beach with ease, it was more the infection that worried me. Will see what he has to say tomoro as you say may just clip it back short!

Di xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts