Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF DATE*

The info I was sent said Sat 4th Oct, but there is no such date in 2009 :lol: I have just had it confirmed that it is the saturday, and that is the 3rd :D :D

I've put this is GT's as I know a few LFers joined in the last one, and although it's not a HUGE walk, Delamere Forest is lovely and if anyone wanted to join in we could meet up and do it together :D

It's on Saturday 3rd October, and registration is between 9am-10am

It's in aid of ANIMAL CANCER TRUST

www.animalcancertrust.org.uk

in conjuction with ROYAL CANIN

Of course, you don't have to do it 'sponsored' as Delamere is open to everyone, but if you did want to help raise any money the sponsor forms can be downloaded from the website :D

We met in whitefield carpark last time, and registered there, and were given free bottles of water, biscuits when we finished, and a free lead too :D

I will update when I know the exact date.......we will be going though, my daughter really enjoyed the walk last year :D

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
I got the info this morning too. I'm expecting to be away with my mum from the 23rd september for about 10 days, so I'm not sure that I'll be around. If I'm not, I'll send them a donation,or put a memorial on their site to my two beloved doggies whom I lost to cancer earlier this year: my darling Queen on 30.3.09 and my precious Que on 26.7.09.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I received the correct info for this walk today so have edited my original post

It is on Saturday 3rd October :D

The walk was around the lake last year so will most probably be the same again.....Bailey loves to go in for a swim and usually ends up looking like a chocolate lab by the end :wink: :lol:

My daughter & myself will be going.....with 2 labradors (hopefully :wink: )

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I might be free to join you if thats ok?
I dont think its too far from Ashton, about an hours drive.
Do either of you have the post code?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I might be able to make this one will just have to see where up to when get back off holiday. Everybody is a bit sponsored out around my way at the moment but if it is ok to just make a donation i would like to join in in memory of Que and Queen.

Kate if you do a search for delamere gts i have posted the postcode for the visitors centre in the past. Hope you can make it x

·
Registered
831 Posts
Delamere

Hi, I too have had the info for this as I did it last year and met Shirley and Em an Bailey for the first time. Unfortunately I cannot make it this year but will make a donation. Good luck to you all and I hope that they raise a lot of money.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, I'm going to be stuck in work this saturday morning so am not going to be able to make it :(

Will be making a donation as it is a very worthy cause :D

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
So whos still up for the walk then?
Did people want lunch/coffee after?
Were easy going. :p

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi

We are now free this weekend so we will be tagging along too. Are we still going to get some lunch afterward?

See you in the morning,

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
I'm game for a coffee, at least, afterwards. The Runcorn bridge has advertised lane closures for this weekend, and I'll have to have Jazz home again (and Snowie if she comes) and be back in Runcorn by 2pm.

See you too then!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow, had a really busy week since getting back off hol and have my goddaughter over night tonight so no chance of getting there for that time.

Hope you all have a lovely time. Will hopefully meet you at the next one Kate.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Have a great time evryone, so sorry I can't make it...it's flu jab season, and tomorrow is the first day so all hands on deck at work

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I might make this, am I right in thinking 10am meet at the visitor centre

If so then I will do my best to meet you there.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Were up for coffee afterwards.
See you at the visitors center at 10AM.
I've been running around all night getting sponsors :lol:

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
It's NOT the visitor centre. It's the Whitefield carpark the opposite side of the road. I found that out last year after paying for the carpark. We had a free go at the other one for the sponsored walk.

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
We had a fab walk. Mike took some sneaky photos but I wouldn't know if he'll put them on here.

The local organisers of the sponsored walk asked us to tell you that they had taken over £500 today, with the promise of more to come. Our pics were taken, and we all earned a free lead. Snowie and Jazz even got one for Feather who stayed at home.

We then indulged ourselves at a local pub, and had an excellent lunch washed down with a beer or two. Look forward to next year's walk at the same place.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts