Labradors Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being new to Labrador Forums I am not sure whether I am allowed to ask this question or not. Anyway I will ask and if anyone tells me that I need to post this somewhere else then I will!!

I have been contacted by a field trialler in Finland who purchased a puppy from me earlier in the year. She is now looking for a dark yellow or fox red bitch puppy for one of her friends to trial and breed from in the future. The most important requirement she has asked for is that the puppy comes from working lines and that both parents have had all the hip/elbow/eye tests carried out.

Does anyone know of any litters in the Suffolk/East Anglia area that I could investigate for her please?

She did find a litter at Southmanor Gundogs at Chadwell Heath in Essex but as yet hasn't had details of the pedigree or health tests. She has written to the breeder and is awaiting a response.

I do understand that not everyone wants to sell their puppies abroad because there is a lot of extra paperwork involved and as a breeder you have to take the puppy to the vet to have a microchip and get a pet passport. However, when I sold one of my puppies to Finland it was fairly straightforward and as he was travelling between the age of 9 weeks and 12 weeks he was able to have a seat on the plane with his new owners and didn't have to have any vaccinations before he left.

I investigated the home in Finland that he went to and they are absolutely super owners and keep me updated with lovely pictures and dialogue on how his training is progressing. I would imagine their friend is also a good owner although the breeder would obviously need to make their own enquiries into the "new home".

Many thanks for your anticipated help.

Sam Morley
Rushbrigg Gundogs

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Hi Sam

Joy Venturi-Rose's red dog has sired 3-4 litters in the south, so you could try her? - Just a thought as I know both Liz Barnes, Christine Cox & Joy herself has litters by him but obviously not sure of the pedigree's involved

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Well I think I already have a pup from my next litter going to Finland, so I would guess that they would want to be importing a different line?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did check your website Jill but it looked like you were going to have a litter either at the end of this year or early next year and I think they want a puppy fairly soon. However, I will send a link of your website to Finland if that is ok with you.

Regards

Sam Morley
Rushbrigg Gundogs

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Sorry Sam I didn't realise they wanted one that quickly. It is all a bit of a juggling act at this time of year what with when they will come in season and will I have enough dogs for Picking Up. And I didn't enjoy having a litter here over Christmas last year :oops: .

You are certainly welcome to send my website though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts