Labradors Forums banner

Cushion hugging!!

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Karen_theArtist 
#1 ·
Luna will go to great lengths to get a cushion in the best place before hugging it!! This photo was at my parents house and just after this photo she decided none of the cushions were right and they were just about all deposited on the floor!! Thankfully, she's never been a cushion chewer!

See less See more
#8 ·
Rosie does a similar thing; she will hug a cushion on the sofa when she sleeps. She also sucks her blanket, wraps her paws around it, tugs up a good mouthful, and sucks away at it until she falls asleep.

Is it a lab thing, anyone know?

#9 ·
Luna will suck in her sleep and often just after she has fallen asleep but I can't recall her sucking on anything before. I have photos of her falling asleep whilst playing, holding in mouth and hugging a toy puppy somewhere! Very cute! She does drool a lot sometimes as she falls asleep! Wet patch evidence!!

#10 ·
Oh, its a well established habit with Rosie. She does it every day; whenever she goes to sleep. She stops short of dragging her blanket up onto the sofa, but she will drag it out of her bed to whereever she wants to sleep if she's about to crash out on the living room floor. She takes a great big mouthful, sucks noisily, and kneads at it with her paws.

I must admit I assumed she was weaned too early or something :(

#15 ·
Basils a suckler too, this is him and his 'crabman' who he likes to take to bed each night.......to the vets, shops, on holiday, out to the garden for a pee break and anywhere he can really :lol:
Crabman is currently only given to him at bedtime as Nellie thinks he should be eaten 8O

#17 ·
Aw! How cute is Basil with his crabman and flipped back ears!! And Roxy with her teddy bear!!! :roll:

You never think of 'pups' having blankies like children!! Bless Winston!

Do their blankies, teddies, crabmen have to be washed whilst owners are out on a walk!!!???

#18 ·
ahem, we have a 'spare' crabman but shhhh he doesn't know :lol:

Before Crabman there was 'bear' which was the toy we rubbed on his Mum when we went to collect him. He carried bear everywhere with him and we used to have to hide it out of sight when we wanted to go out as he'd run off to find it at the sight of the lead....so much so that when we moved abroad I was a little worried and bought 2 spares :oops:
Then he hit puberty and killed 'bear' 3 times over 8O
Basil and the 3 bears the day he found the 'imposters' hidden in my wardrobe (note real 'bear' is tucked on the right) before they became de-stuffed saggy cloth bears....

#19 ·
ahem, we have a 'spare' crabman but shhhh he doesn't know
:lol: :lol:

I know what you mean about buying spares!! Luna will do ANYTHING to play with this football! We use it to train her, bribe her and reward her! She can defluff it in the blink of an eye so it is played with rarely and is kept out of eyesight when not being used!! I wasn't sure we'd be able to find it back in the UK so I now have a cupboard full of them! I bought whatever they put on the shelf in the Belgian pet shop on every visit for the last couple of months!!!

You should have seen Luna's delight when the see-through plastic box full of footballs got lifted off the removal wagon! She'd been so good I let her have all million of them on the front lawn for a while!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.