Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi we have an 11 week old puppy who is doing well apart from being left for anytime on her own eg when l go to have a shower. She has loads of toys and a Kong with peanut butter, but the howling is horrendous. She is fine going to bed at night. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Administrator
22,241 Posts
She looks a little sweetheart!
Start leaving more, for very short periods and gradually increase the time period. But also I put my pup in it's crate for around an hour in the afternoon and evening for a sleep. This is partly so the pup does not get over tired and fractious, but also it's getting pup use to being left. (The crate is under the table in the kitchen, and I'm probably in the living room on the computer.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She looks a little sweetheart!
Start leaving more, for very short periods and gradually increase the time period. But also I put my pup in it's crate for around an hour in the afternoon and evening for a sleep. This is partly so the pup does not get over tired and fractious, but also it's getting pup use to being left. (The crate is under the table in the kitchen, and I'm probably in the living room on the computer.)
Thanks John, just tried 10 minutes, she howled through out but will try again later on today! Hopefully we will get there!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dont give in, you have to be more determined than her! Think, a few days inconvenience now and you have years of pleasure later.
Thanks going to try again this afternoon, my last lab died earlier this year , she was 15 and 9 months. I think l have forgotten what to do! Thank you for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts