Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

I know most dogs get these, from thumping down on the floor etc, but Lucy has quite a large patch on her elbows and one is looking quite red/raw now. I think its where she lies on the window sill (she clearly thinks she's a cat) :roll:

Anyone got any good suggestions on how to 'treat' this? Is there anything i can put on it/bathe it with to make them less 'crusty' and sore looking? Is ooman cream like savlon or sudacrem suitable?

Thanks in advance, from me and my crusty elbowed lab :lol:

·
Administrator
21,018 Posts
I gently rub a little vaseline in twice a day. This will help soften it and will not matter if she lickes it off. Being a little more brutal I have occasionally used Vaseline Hand Care if it has got quite bad. Try to put it on either just before feeding or going out for a walk, so there is something to take her mind off it.

Regards, John

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Cadbury has got a little of this at the moment. I rubbed baby oil into the patch (the only thing I had to hand) and that seemed to make quite a big difference.

Hope Lucy's elbows are better soon. :D

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks John and Sophie...i shall try the vaseline/baby oil and see if that makes a difference :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts