Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

We are off to crufts on the 12th march (Gundog day, labs) not showing. I've never been before and was wondering if any other members will be going? Also can you take your own dog even if you are not showing?

cristina

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Cristina
I too am going to Crufts for the first time and on gundog day. I'm not showing either (just spending lots of money!), but I think that the breeder of my Lab might be there. I was under the impression that you can't take your own dog in although I must admit that on the website and on all the info that I've seen there's been no mention either way.
Clare

·
Registered
669 Posts
Hi

Can you tell me more. I looked on their website and see that judging starts at 8:30am. What happens throughout the day and what time does it finish.

I'm thinking of going myself for the saturday. I'll be coming up from London by coach and wondered what time I should aim to arrive/ leave or even come up the day before.

What happens throughout the day and is it shown on tv?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
I'd love to go to Cruft, especially as there must be some good shopping to be had for me and the pup :D

Will be watching on TV next weekend - rooting for the Labs :lol:

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not certain what happens throughout the day as this will be my first time going to crufts. I know they show some of the judging on tv for each group (gundogs, hounds etc) but when, where and how much i don't know! I'm looking forward to the trade stands, hopefully to also get some goodies for my lab benson and maybe myself? Hopefuly a good day to be had by all :D

cristina

G

·
Hi all

I have been going to Crufts for about 9 years now only on Gundog day so I can't speak for the other days but you will find plenty of things to see throughout the day.
You won't be able to take your own lab in with you unless you are showing them or involved in some other capacity.
If you are coming from London it really depends if you don't mind the crowds at the NEC although it's a big place Saturday will be the busiest day and it does tend to get busier as the day goes on.
There will be judging all day the labs are quite a large section to judge as there are so many of them there so you can dip in and out of the judging as the day goes on.
Plenty of stands with every imaginable dog accessory you can imagine plenty of opportunities to shop until you drop there don't forget to take your labs neck size before you go to buy collars for them.
There are all sorts of other things going on like demonstrations, agility, obedience junior handling, good dog guide citizenship scheme demos. There is also discovery dogs there as well which is an A to Z sections of breeders with there dogs that you can talk you.
Hope you all have a good day and buy plenty of goodies for you labs.
Anyone wants to meet up let me know.
Michaela

·
Registered
147 Posts
hi all i will be going to crufts next saturday i only live three miles from the nec but still get there about 8-30 as the crowdes start arriveing after that i will be going with my daughter her fiance and my best friend between us we have ten labs will be giving the old plastic a bashing hope to see a few of you there have not forgotten you michaela will ring you in the week about meeting at crufts yours sue

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Peeps,

Just wanted to say i hope all those going to Crufts have a great time, don't forget to let us know how you all get on. :wink:

Julie

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have just got back from crufts today. Hundreds of labs, in all three colours. A Black lab won the group can't remember the name! Brought loads off stuff for Ben ( spoilt rotten), well you can't help it with loads and loads of nothing but doggy stands, they sold anything from dog tooth picks to doggy dance mats!!! :lol: We met the breeder of bens dad and lots of other breeders. Great day but my feet are killing me.

Cristina & Ben

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi all,
Got back from Crufts a couple of hours ago too, totally shattered! Still dazed and confused by the layout and scale of the show, but got to say a quick hello to the breeder of my choc Lab plus got to speak to Mr John Burns himself about my Labs food and health problems. Saw some Lab judging and lots of demos, did anyone else see the Hills Display Team in the special events ring (I think?). All those lovely Labs doing their agility for fun, what a great part of the show. Bedtime for me!
Clare

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Hi Everyone
Before everyone gets too excited, The best of Breed in Labs was won by a Dog over the bitch. But the Gundog Group was won by an English Setter a Bournhouse breeding. Incase everyone was getting too excited, Labradors go no further in the competition

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Enjoyed watching the high lights on bbc 2 last night - Labs should definitely have won the GunDog group - what a fix :lol:

Shadow enjoyed watching the programmes, with all the dogs barking, he couldn't take his brown eyes off the screen!

Cheers,

Paul & Shadow

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
max enjoyed watching it. sat in front of tv with his head going from side to side grumbling and mumbling as if to say the labs should have won it :lol: he goes totally nuts when the fly ball is on 8O
jane and max

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi Clare,

Just wondering if you noticed if the display team were called Paws for Thought?

Our training school are up there doing a display and they are sponsored by Hills, so it may have been them.

We had no lesson today as the trainer is there. Never mind I might get there one day . . . . I think not ! ! :lol:

Regards
Fay

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was actually travelling back from the show when it was on the telly so hybby taped it for me, but said that he had to turn the tv over as our youngest Lab, like Max above, was going mad when flyball was on. I'll have to watch the video in secret later!
Clare

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Fay,
Yes they were called that! You're lucky to have a good instructor if he/she is part of the team. I really enjoyed the display that they did and it proves that Labs can do agility!
Clare

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi Clare,

I'm not sure if Stuart (the instructor) takes part, or just gives orders :)

I unfortunately missed them on T.V. but will hopefully see them agian soon.

Harvey is much too young at the moment, but if we keep up our training you never know . . . .

Fay

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Dylan had his nose to the screen and was barking like mad at the woman who was shouting in one of the obedience scene,obviously did not like her way of barking orders at her dog.Lynne.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts