Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just needing to know how wheelchair friendly it is at crufts before I suggest taking my friend along on gun dog day. She used to work and show golden retrievers until she was diagnosed with MS. She was telling me about some of her experiences last time I visited and how she loved going with her dogs.

·
Registered
592 Posts
It is wheelchair friendly, but it can be very busy. Everywhere is accessible by ramps and the arena has areas for disabled visitors and seating for their companions/families. Bear in mind if you want to watch the Gundog group judging you need to purchase a separate Best in Show tickets.....

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
It is disabled friendly in theory but as this year gundog day is the sunday it will be rammed.
If you are happy pushing and fighting your way through some areas, round the individual rings is easier. But it depends how she is with crowds pushing and shoving. Some people have little spacial awareness.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. She was disappointed at how poorly it was televised for the last few years as were lots of other dog lovers so thought it might be nice if we could get her there for a couple of hours. It's probably a bad idea I just feel a bit guilty going knowing how much she used to love her time at dog shows.

·
Administrator
20,497 Posts
If she wants to go, and is happy putting up with crowds, take her! if she loves dogs then it's worth the effort. The "Retriever Breeds," Labs, Goldens and Flatcoats in hall 5 are always the busiest but when I slip away to see my friend in GSP's it's like the Mary Celeste in comparison. Make sure you stop off to watch the Gamekeepers Ring, there is usually a chance of a sit down there.

Regards, John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts