Labradors Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i brought my puppy from a breeder without no registration or eny paperwork . He looks absolutely fine as a 1 month old. He is 2.1/2 month old now. And now his ears doesnt look like other labs.is it normal or is their eny issue . It happend in last week

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts
I'm not sure which country you're in, apologies but my eye sight and flag recognition are a huge let down. But judging by the photo there may be a bit of Labrador in there, but the puppy certainly isn't a Labrador puppy, there's a mixture from the looks. He has mismarked paws, not uncommon to have a mismark but on all four paws would make me wonder, and also the two middle toes in the front paws are quite long. His ears certainly aren't typical Labrador, more of a cross with the tulip sort of ears you get on a Staffordshire bull terrier.

The thing is, if you are happy with him, and you aren't worried about having a full Labrador, just enjoy him for what he is, a well loved companion. It's only if you were wanting to show or compete at any level then you'd need papers and be sure he's a full Labrador.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure which country you're in, apologies but my eye sight and flag recognition are a huge let down. But judging by the photo there may be a bit of Labrador in there, but the puppy certainly isn't a Labrador puppy, there's a mixture from the looks. He has mismarked paws, not uncommon to have a mismark but on all four paws would make me wonder, and also the two middle toes in the front paws are quite long. His ears certainly aren't typical Labrador, more of a cross with the tulip sort of ears you get on a Staffordshire bull terrier.

The thing is, if you are happy with him, and you aren't worried about having a full Labrador, just enjoy him for what he is, a well loved companion. It's only if you were wanting to show or compete at any level then you'd need papers and be sure he's a full Labrador.
These are the parents of my pup.

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts
The only way you can really know correct parentage is with copies of the registration documents with the relevant kennel club. Anyone can own dogs and claim the parents are 'these two' but whether they are or not is another matter entirely. I don't know which is which but the black dog/bitch would have to carry yellow for yellow pups to possible. It is entirely possible to have a dual sired litter, ie even though the bitch is mated to a Labrador, if any other dog managed to catch her as well, the possibility is that there are pups in the litter with different sires. But the puppy photo does not look like a full Labrador puppy to me. The photo below is a yellow bitch puppy aged 7 1/2 weeks.

And a yellow dog pup although this boy has liver pigmented nose and paws.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

And i am a sri lankan. So in here labrador pups are expensive . My pup was the only male in that litter. There were 4 other females and both of them are black . I told the ear problem to the breeder and she send me this pic of one of the females and she looks absolutely fine to me. Don't know why only my pup is deference .

The only way you can really know correct parentage is with copies of the registration documents with the relevant kennel club. Anyone can own dogs and claim the parents are 'these two' but whether they are or not is another matter entirely. I don't know which is which but the black dog/bitch would have to carry yellow for yellow pups to possible. It is entirely possible to have a dual sired litter, ie even though the bitch is mated to a Labrador, if any other dog managed to catch her as well, the possibility is that there are pups in the litter with different sires. But the puppy photo does not look like a full Labrador puppy to me. The photo below is a yellow bitch puppy aged 7 1/2 weeks.

View attachment 26880

View attachment 26881

And a yellow dog pup although this boy has liver pigmented nose and paws.
this is my pup at 7 weeks

·
Premium Member
9,084 Posts
Without a kennel club registration and pedigree you’ll never know. If you’re curious you could always do one of those DNA tests to see what breed he is, though they aren’t always accurate.

Reactions: Tarimoor

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts
As said above, the only way you will know for sure, is if you have seen the copies of the parents' KC registration, and your pup is registered with the relevant Kennel Club, otherwise it's just guesswork.

If you're not interested in showing or competing, which I assume you're not as you knew he came without registration documents, then really he'll still make a fabulous companion whether or not he's a full Labrador or not. Personally, the mismarks feet and ears make me think he isn't, he may well be but with a few quirks that aren't typical of the breed, but they won't affect his ability to be a fantastic pet and companion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the important thing is, do you love him and are you enjoying all the things that people enjoy with their new puppy. Is he healthy, playful and cuddly.
If the answer to all these things is yes then I would say you have a wonderful family pet, just not a pure breed Labrador, but he doesn't know that so don't tell him and he'll be fine 😀😁😂

1 - 8 of 8 Posts